Chapter 21: Raphael

Lina's POV

I sit in the passenger's seat as Prentiss drives, daydreaming about Spencer. I don't even realize that she's talking to me until she's practically yelling in the small confined space of the car.

"Yang!" Prentiss shouts and I jolt.

"Y-yes, Prentiss?" I stutter and clear my throat.

She raises an eyebrow. "I said, how are you liking the job? You've been here for almost eight and a half months now."

"It's only been eight and a half months?" I do some quick math and realize that she's right. It's also been only 2 days since Spencer and I started dating. "How the hell has it only been eight and a half months??" I chuckle in disbelief.

"I guess the lack of sleep messes you up," Prentiss replies and we both laugh. "Sooo... you and Spence have only been together for what, 2 days?"

I nod and smile. "It's been the best 2 days of my life so far."

She grins and raises an eyebrow at me. "You guys act like you've been in a relationship for months."

I feel myself blush. "Well, I've liked him since the day I joined the BAU."

Prentiss is right—even though Spencer and I have only officially dated for 2 days, our feelings for each other from before makes it seem like it's been months.

Soon, we reach the family of the second victim and we knock on their door. An elderly lady opens it, her red eyes look like she's been crying.

"Hi, Mrs. Davis. I'm Agent Emily Prentiss and this is Agent Lina Yang," Prentiss greets. "We're here to ask you some questions about your son, Mark Davis.

"Yes, yes, of course," Mrs. Davis replies, gesturing for us to come in.

An hour later, we leave her house with not much new information. Pretty much everything she told us we already knew from the police.

"Nothing that we don't already know about," I say to Prentiss with a sigh.

She shrugs. "You want to grab some coffee before heading over to the next family?"

I nod. "Coffee sounds good." We find a nearby coffee shop and drive in.

After getting our drinks, we head back to the car when I hear a gun click behind my head. I drop my drink and it splashes all over the pavement. I glance over at Prentiss, and she drops her coffee as well, her eyes widening with horror. I watch as she reaches for her gun but quickly stops when the gun presses closer to my head.

"Don't do anything stupid, or I'll shoot," a man's voice says behind me.

Prentiss nods and raises her hands. "O-okay, okay."

"Take your gun out and hand it to me."

"I'm reaching for my gun now." Prentiss slowly takes her gun out and walks towards the man. I feel my gun get taken out of its holster as well.

I scan the parking lot, hoping that there is someone who can help us. But unfortunately, it is dead empty so we're screwed.

"Follow me." The man wraps an arm around me tightly. Using my body as a shield, he guides Prentiss and I into a nearby black van. He opens the door and Prentiss gets in, then me.

Without warning, he knocks Prentiss unconscious in the head with the back of his gun.

"Emily!" I struggle against the man's grip when suddenly, I feel a blunt force to the back of my head and I black out.