Chapter 16

A/N Thank you so much for 8,000 reads! I cannot believe people actually like my writing lmao.

Mrs.Weasley cleared her throat. "Dinner?" she asked. They all nodded and headed to the Great Hall. To their surprise, Cedric was talking to Professor McGonagall. Suddenly Harry felt nervous. He didn't know how Cedric would react to seeing him in person after he brought him back to life. As they walked past him, his back facing them, Harry was silently hoping Cedric would realize they were behind him. Unfortunately, that was not what happened. And it was Professor McGonagall's doing.

"Potter!" she said. Cedric turned around, surprised. "Are you done with your memories yet?"

"Yup! I left seventh year's in the Pensieve for you to look at if you'd like," Harry replied, cringing internally. She smiled softly at him.

"Thank you, Harry," she said, surprising everyone except Harry.

"Did she just call you Harry instead of Potter?" James asked. "The only time she called me by my name was when my parents died!"

"I'm going, to be honest. I have no idea how to respond to that," Harry said. The marauders just laughed.

"It's fine," Jame said. He glanced towards Cedric. "I believe someone wants to talk to you," he said nodding to Cedric. Harry looked at him and he nodded.

"I'll be back," Harry said before looking to Cedric. The others sat down. "Uh hi." He cringed.

"You bring me back to life and all you have to say is 'hi'? I have got to say you're as humble as ever," Cedric said, laughing trying to diffuse the tension.

"Yeah, I don't really know what to say. The last time I saw you, you were lying dead on a field and I had to carry your dead body so," Harry said awkwardly. Cedric cringed.

"Yeah sorry about that," Cedric said, sheepishly. Harry gaped at him.

"You're sorry about dying?" Harry asked, incredulously.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you when you said to get back to the cup," Cedric clarified, laughing. Harry then laughed too.

"Good. I seriously thought that you were apologizing for getting killed," Harry said, laughing.

"Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for bringing me back to life although I didn't think it'd be so soon after."

"Of course. It wasn't fair that you had to get killed by a man who used to be my parents' friend who was ordered to kill you by a disgusting baby Voldemort thing." Cedric looked horrified.

"That thing that the man was carrying was Voldemort?" he asked. Harry grimaced and nodded. "You know, that makes my death a lot cooler though," Cedric said, thoughtfully.

"Merlin you should meet my godfather. I swear to god if Sirius was still dead I'd have thought he had possessed you for a second," Harry said.

"Hey! I heard that!" Sirius yelped. Cedric and Harry just laughed.

"I'm not wrong!" Harry yelled back. Sirius shrugged and went back to just watching their conversation.

"You should probably go back to your family now," Cedric said, still laughing at their exchange.

"Probably," Harry laughed. "It was good to see you."

"You too. Also, I'm happy that you have your family back," Cedric said, sincerely. Harry smiled.

"Thank you. I hope you have a nice day," Harry said.

"You too," he said, smiling before walking away. Harry waited until he was out of sight to sit down with his family. They were all staring at him.

"What?" Harry asked

"You liked him," Sirius said as if it was a fact. Harry turned red.

"What?" he exclaimed. Ginny laughed.

"Harry, it was obvious that you liked him or even still like him a bit," she said, smiling. "I don't mind."

"I do not still like him," Harry argued. Remus smirked.

"So you did like him," he said. Harry groaned and slammed his head on the table again.

"Merlin, can we not talk about this?" Harry asked, his voice muffled by the table. The rest just laughed.

"But just to clarify you did like him?" James asked, smiling. Lily whacked the back of his head. "Ow! I was just wondering. Jeez."

"Yes. I did like him," Harry mumbled.

"What? I couldn't hear you?" Sirius teased.

"Yes! I liked him! Are you happy now?" Harry exclaimed while sitting up. He looked around to see that everyone was looking at him- including Cedric who had just walked in again. Except Cedric was smiling. Harry turned bright red and slammed his head on the table with a groan.

"Why? Why me? He kept mumbling while the others were cracking up. "Merlin, just kill me," he muttered. Ginny wrapped her arm around him still laughing.

"It's fine Harry. I doubt that he knew you were talking about him," she assured.

"You're lucky I love you all," he grumbled. They were still laughing.