𝟎𝟎𝟏 | 𝐰𝐚𝐫

3 and a half months. 107 days. 2,068 hours. 154,080 minutes.

That was how long they'd spent fighting a war that no one thought would end. It was mid-August and neither side was any closer to winning. No more progress had been made since May, which only brought discouragement and a loss of hope.

Some people longed for a peaceful way to end things... others took matters into their own hands by placing their lives on the line in hope for a victory— when all that they would receive is their dead body in too many pieces to take home to their families.

One side, led by the Dark Lord himself was composed of some of the most skilled dark witches and wizards. The other, forces of light came together, hoping that their magic was enough to break down the strong morale that had been built on the enemy's side.

•••

Three Months Earlier:

"Ev!" A curly-haired girl darted down the hallway, a stack of papers in her hands.

"Hm?" Evanna Mitchell turned around from where she'd been talking to the head nurse, making eye contact with the dark-skinned girl who seemed beyond frightened, her eyes filled with terror.

"Look at what Mad Eye just sent in!" The girl— Charlotte Blanchard, flipped past each page of intricate and detailed notes, going so fast that neither girl had any time to read what had been written upon the parchment.

Evanna raised her hand, pressing it to the front of the papers in order to calm her down. She studied Charlotte's expression, viewing her deep, brown eyes and the bags that were beginning to show beneath them. They could thank their lack of sleep for that.

"What is it?" She ran her fingertips over the symbols that had been inked into the parchment.

"Evanna, they've done it..."

She stared at her in confusion.

"The Dark Lord has broken down the barrier... they've started the war..."

-

-

-