Bullies: the evil gits of the world

Connor

"Fagg"

Punch.

"Weak"

Kick.

"Ugly"

Snap.

"And to top it off, a dumba**, but at least your a quiet one."

Thump.

That last one was the sound of my body hitting the cold hard floor of the bathroom as I collapsed to the ground, too tired to support myself. After a few seconds of silence, I heard running feet. But I couldn't see anymore, my eyes too swollen from the beating to do more than squint painfully.

"Hey, hey. No no no. Stay with me Connor, stay here. God, if I had gotten here sooner... Don't you dare pass out on me, you dork."

Then everything went black as I slipped into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexis

I am such a bad friend.

Of course, Conner told me that the bullying had stopped 4 years ago, but I should have seen that it was a lie. What if he never got up again and I didn't know where he was?

Thank god he had a pulse. I picked up his bruised and slightly bloody body and stumbled to the nearest tunnel door, placing him inside. I nearly dropped him, since I had no upper body strength.

I couldn't bring him up to the infirmary, he told me to never do that, and I couldn't carry him anywhere else, he was too heavy.

Maybe Magnus can, he picked Connor up no problem a few weeks ago. Connor trusts him. And if Connor trusts him, so do I.

I ran through the halls, not trusting myself to be quiet or discrete enough to use the tunnels. I had class, but I doubt Flitwick would care if I explained.

I just realized I don't even know where Magnus is right now, but I have to find him. Or Connor may... no Connor will be fine. Just fine.

"Oof!" I exclaimed as I ran headlong into someone. As I apologized I realized it was Annabeth, Magnus's cousin. I barely knew her but saw her studying around the common room occasionally with her shorter friend, Blitzen.

"Annabeth," I gasped, completely out of breath, "Annabeth. Where's Magnus?"

She looked at me for a second as if trying to figure out what's going on and why Magnus was needed. I guess she decided it was not the time to ask questions, "He's right here, hold on a second."

She walked into the classroom and came out with a confused-looking Magnus in tow. "Alexis? What's wrong?" he asked, his confusion turned to worry when he saw me.

"He," I tried to say, still trying to breathe, "I found him, on the floor, can't lift, too heavy."

"Where," was all he said before I took his wrist and ran off with him behind me. My mind went on autopilot while the rest of my mind went numb with panic. When we finally reached the right door, I didn't even check for anyone around before flinging it open and pushing Magnus in.

I heard his sharp intake of breath as he saw Connor on the floor. He picked him up and winced. But when I started walking towards the tunnel he followed with no complaint.

It took longer than I'd hope, but Magnus finally reached the center room and laid Connor's limp figure down gently.

He opened his mouth as if to speak but I cut him off, "You told Conner you can heal, so heal him. Unless that was a lie," I say sternly. I see him bite his lip, and I feel kind of guilty. But this isn't the time to worry.