Slow Dance - SR

Requested by: yourfriendly0nerd 

===================================================

She had never been more humiliated in her life. She had practically starved herself to get here, and now she was told she couldn't dance because she was too fat. Everyone had laughed. She laughed along, hiding the scream trying to escape from the back of her throat. She smiled, hiding the frown. She hung her head low, pulled up the hoodie and sat in a corner. She hid everything she felt, she was not the one to show her vulnerable side so easily. After all she was Captain America's daughter, she HAD TO be strong.

She walked down the street, forgetting to greet the old lady at the bakery, bumping into people. He hands were shaking, her eyes begging to release the burst of tears. She shook her head, as if denying her emotions access. She scrambled up the stairs to the apartment and quickly closed the door.

"Hey sweetheart ! How'd the audition go ?" she collapsed on the floor as soon as those words left his mouth. She climbed in his lap, her legs resting on either side as she sobbed incessantly in his chest.

He quickly wrapped his arms around her, his eyes darting between her, he had never seen her so sad. She rarely cried, he knew something must've been too hurtful.

"Doll, what happened ?" he asks lifting her face and wiping her face. She shook her head and buried her face in his neck. He rubbed her back slowly allowing her to catch her breathe. Once she was calm he asked again.

"They said I was fat and so I can't be a part" she says in a whisper attaching herself to him, he growled in anger.

"I tried so hard dad, I didn't eat anything unhealthy for a month, I didn't eat my favorite snacks, I cut down food, I worked out day and night but still I'm ugly and fat" she sobs

"No. Baby look at me-" he lifts her face to meet his gaze "You are so beautiful Y/N, so beautiful. Your body is perfect as it is you don't have to change the way it looks and definitely don't have to starve yourself. You will eat whatever you want and I will not listen to any arguments."

He stands up and turns to his record player, he sets the song "Put Your Head On My Shoulder" and turns to Y/N who was curled up on the couch.

"C'mere" he says stretching his hand to her. She reluctantly takes his hand as he places her feet on top of his, slightly swaying to the music.

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh so tight
Show me that you love me too

She rested her head on his chest, sniffling as he stroked her hair, humming along the tune. A little while later he feels her body slump, he looks down and smiles as he notices her falling asleep. He lifted her up as she snuggled closer to him. He placed her on the bed and kissed her forehead.

Steve lied down on his bed and closed his eyes, but stirred as he heard the door open and the  bed dip. He smiled as Y/N rolled over and wrapped herself like a koala onto him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

"I love you daddy"

He almost cried as it had been such a long time since she'd called him that and it brought back so many old memories.

"I love you too Baby"