Chapter 8 - Poor excuse

RAGHVANSH'S POV:

I open the door and sit in my Mercedes-Maybach S-Class.

Consider it a flex, after all, I've worked for all this.
I honk at the door and the guard opens it giving me a nervous look as I throw him a murderous glare for no specific reason.

I look at myself. Black t-shirt, Neon green jacket and white cargo.

"Outfit." I take a pregnant pause. "On point."

I take a look outside the window and spot a few paparazzi cars at the end of the street. I don't understand why they can't fucking mind their own business. I huff in annoyance and put on my shades.

We arrived at the Pune airport early morning around 2 AM. Okay but before I go into the details-

Let me just introduce myself to be on the safer side.

I'm Raghvansh, Raghvansh Birla. Son of Shahid Birla and Meera Birla. I bitterly chuckle at the poor excuse my parents are, but that's a story for another day.

I am a not-so-typical 31-year-old. Most of the guys of my age are probably 'Dads' by now.

About my marital status: I'm unmarried and single. And yes, that won't change till I die. It's not that I don't believe in love but I just can't think of getting married or having kids, so I see no point in dating and stuff.

My families blood runs through me which is why I don't want to have a family. I don't want to hurt someone else. I can't afford to ruin someone else's life. And not that you can trust a stranger when your biological parents leave you to die.

31 years and I haven't allowed myself to fall for anyone not that I found someone interesting and I'm sure no one's strong enough to break that mindset.

What do I do? As y'all know, I'm a Kabaddi player and a doctor, though I've never really worked as one. I debuted in the Indian team almost 12 years back. I captain the Indian Kabaddi team and my side, Delhi Warriors in IKL(Indian Kabaddi League) now. To name a few records of mine: Maximum points in a single match, Most world cup wins as a captain, Most number of super 10s and yes, it goes on.

I smile as the image of me receiving 'best player of the decade' flashes in front of my eyes. People say I've solely made Kabaddi popular all over the world but I think everyone's equally important.

Talking about what kind of person the media displays me as: arrogant, aggressive and rude. Well, that's just the way I express myself.

I'm very reserved. I wonder why I act all tough in front of the world and cry to myself when I return home. I don't think twice before doing or saying something. What's the maximum that can happen? I would die. Not that I'll have someone crying for me. I don't have an aim in life, I don't have people who I need to care about and worry about.

It scares me how no one would even attend my funeral after I die.

Enough of my info. Currently, I'm driving to Fortis to collect my regular orthopaedic report at fucking 7:30 pm. I'm running a bit late as you can see.

I switch on the digital screen in my car and click on the radio icon just to hear another love song.

Haan hai khata meri mila jo bhi
Yes it is my fault that You got this

Yahi poochhe wafa kyun ki
I ask only this: Why did You Love?

Wafa kyun ki
Why did You Love?

Wafa to hoti kahan aaj-kal hai kahin pal ki
Where is Love nowadays anywhere

Ishq mein jo agar pal do gujar jaayein
If we spend a few moments in Love now

To phir saari umar kya hai
Then what is the whole life worth

Maane na maane koi baat
It doesn't listen to any talk

Maano ki jeene ka yeh matlab hai
Just believe that Life has only one meaning

Ishq hi ek mazhab hai
Love is the only religion

Ishq na ho to Rab hai rootha
If there is no Love then even the God is angry

NOT AGAIN

Can't these motherfuckers think of anything apart from love?

HOW ANNOYING

I park my car and before I get out, my medicine textbook kept on the passenger seat comes into sight. Though I don't work as a doctor, after I retire I don't want to be out of practice or knowledge.

It's been a week since I've read it, why not use the time I have? I pick up my textbook and lock the car.

~√~√

Authors note*

Hey, hope you're doing well!
Do vote and leave a review if possible.
The next update will be out on 25th, Tuesday.
Take care!