CH•31 - "Just an Information Dump"

Start from the beginning

Ok...

"But you, on the other hand, exude more of this than any other reincarnator. More to the point where... my eyes can't help but feel soothed whenever I look at you... as were my hands when I caressed you..."

What, like they're attracted to me or something? Like a magnet? And... so are you? ...... Weird power I have, making everyone feel like they've found their soulmate whenever they look at me.

"Everyone... who is not prey in your eyes. Any target you are after, your followers will know. But in your case, every other animal that is not your target is your follower."

That... can't be. I've had encounters with other animals before and more often than not, they pay me no mind.

"Because they were not yet your followers. Only those who seek interest in you become your followers. Once you have grabbed their interest, they will automatically follow you. It will be engraved in them, like an instinct. But know that they are only following you. Even they do not know why, but it does not mean they are stripped of their free will."

Yeah, one Tiny pesky bird is definitely proof of that. Well, other than the two in the igloo, I don't think I've grabbed any attention to others that I know of. Well... maybe except for that crocodile float...

"...?! You were able to have an entire float of crocodiles follow you?"

Uh... yes?

"...... Do you see now? You are unlike any other reincarnator. You are the first."

...... Ok, so let's say I'm an irregular... now what? What should I be doing? There's gotta be a reason why this is only happening to me, right?

"Wherever or whenever you went, or are about to go to, I can feel that history still remains unchanged, so whether you go to the past or the future, in whatever place you end up in, know that your actions will still not leave a mark in history. Of this I am certain of."

And, you know this, how?

"My existence is similar to the reincarnators... but unlike them, we are more bound to our place. I cannot leave this mountain, while reincarnators can go wherever they please. In exchange, we are able to see the flow of time. I see you as an abnormality in the flow, and yet the flow remains normal. What this means, I do not know."

So... what you're saying is... even if I try to go to other humans to reach out to them, like say... trying to explain my situation to them, no matter how ridiculous that sounds, I can still get away with it since history won't ever change?

"The other reincarnators have done the same and they have all managed to lay low as well, without causing a change in history. While there were some who reached out to humans... they caused no change, still."

How do you know they weren't able to explain their situations to them?

"... They did... but, well... maybe it is best if you find out yourself."

What? W-Why can't you just tell it to me right now?

"You will most likely meet others like me in your journey. They might tell you more than me. And besides..."

The yeti looks elsewhere. I turn around to where he's looking and see that the bat, falcon, and the little snake are all coming out of the igloo. They're coming this way.

"Sorry, but we need to get going. Who knows when the snow will pick up again. You can continue your conversation along the way." says the bat.

"I cannot go with you." replies the Yeti.

"Ah... sure, ok, I hear ya. Uh, do you guys need to talk it out more? Should we wait for you? Or maybe you don't mind if we go on ahead?"

"No. You need to go. You cannot waste any more daylight."

"Well, you heard the big hairy giant? What's your call?" the bat asks, looking at me.

I... I still have so many questions.

"In time. You will find your answers. Go."

......... Thank you..... for everything.

==========================

WelP, it's been months, but here's a new chapter.
Can't promise I'll remain consistent now, but do know that I am not abandoning any of my books anytime soon, so rest assured.

I'll be honest tho, I have no idea what happens next honestly. I have deviated from my initial plan, so from here on out, I'm just winging it xD