CH•30 - "Mountain Sun"

Ohhh.... so you place layers of snow on the rockbed and the fire under it melts the snow into warm water. And here, I thought I was in some hot spring at first. This is amazing though. You even carved a hole on the ceiling to let the smoke out, like a chimney. This makes for a really warm bed. Thanks.

"No. Thank You. For feasting my eyes."

Uhh, right. No idea what you mean by that, and don't wanna know, but moving on. How did you build this huge igloo anyway? I mean, I've seen igloos before, but never this big. I didn't even think an igloo this big could even be made.

"Are you really that curious about how a house made of snow is made?" The bat asks without even looking at me.

Well, maybe. I'm just making small talk. What else are we supposed to do while we wait out this blizzard? Y'know, I'd have preferred waiting in the cave since it has a river where we can hunt for food. Just lazing around here is boring me. I wanna go out and do something.

"Why don't you start by not being sleepy when you do go outside"

Hey, I can't help it if my body is slothful towards the cold. I can only respond to it.

"Then, respond to this...!"

The bat throws a tiny snowball at my face.

Hey! No fair! I can't throw back, I don't have hands!

"Hah! More snowballs for me then!"

The bat flies up and continues his relentless snowballing, with me as the target, and all I can do is get hit. What a one-sided game of snowball fight this is. Then, a batch of snow falls atop the bat, knocking him down to the ground. It was the falcon, hovering over the bat. He just dropped a snowball on top of him.

Another snowball falls on my head. And then, it wriggled. That surprised me, until I realized it was actually just the baby snake all wrapped around in snow. He fell on top of me? But from where?

I look up. There's a wall behind me. Come to think of it, if this is the same spot where I fell from the cliff before, then this wall must be the cliffside. This igloo must've been built with the cliffside as its base, and that's why it looks like it's merged with the wall. Surprising that you can build an igloo big enough to house a giant yeti and a six and a half meter crocodile, while still having space for extra. There must be a crevice on the wall, and that's where baby snake has been this whole time.

I look at the tiny hatchling snakelet slithering in front of my eyes. It could just be me, but I think he's grown a little since he hatched. I can't keep calling you 'baby snake' anymore now, can I? I wonder if I'll be around when you grow up to be a big snake. Well, not as big as me, obviously. But, one can imagine.

The little snake bobbles his small head, looking all sleepy-like. I blink once, and already, he's all coiled up in a really small spiral. Poor snake, he's even more sleepy than I am in the cold. I don't really know if he's sleeping though since his eyes are still wide open, but I'm assuming that position is for when he sleeps.

The falcon flies over, picks up the sleepy snake, flies up to the crevice and places him there. I guess this confirms that there is a crevice up there in the wall. And just when I was thinking that, a snowball hits my face.

Hey! What's the big idea?!

"You said you were bored. I thought I'd change that"

Well, thanks for turning my boredom to annoyance. You know throwing snow at me only makes me feel more sleepy since you're just adding more cold snow to the pile.