epitomy of rebellion

The moonlight spilled onto Mondo's scarred skin, the street lights and neon signs of the ramen bar illuminating his suroundings; noticing a black lacey dress and pale legs walking past and ahead of him. He immediatly recognized the lolita getup and whiff of rose to be his classmate Celestia Ludenberg: class 78's lead gossiper. In fact, probably the head drama spreader in all of Hope's Peak- along with that shithead Kokichi Ouma.

Crimson red eyes look behind her shoulder, narrowing at Mondo with black glossed lips curling into a malicious grin; the gang leader glaring at her in response as she struts away with Togami. The fuck? Her velvety gloved finger points to the left of her, her right hand clutching the affluent progeny's arm.

Drifting to the direction she's pointing, Mondo notices- shit. A blush creeps onto his cheeks- and he mentally punched himself for doing so- as he looks down, covering his mouth with the back of his hand. She twiddles her fingers 'bye!' as she disappears into the mob of people, finding amusement in seeing big bad Mondo Owada flustered, he flicks her off in response, leaning against the exterior.

Not only did he get all flustered, he got flustered in public! In front of Ludenberg!

It was a bit difficult to stick his fearsome persona. He had to remember he had a reputation to maintain.

God this was going to spread around the school like wildfire. In fact, she's probably texting Ouma now, furiously tapping her phone as they come up with a plan to derail Mondo's social life. The guys were gonna tease him hard for this, and he wasn't looking forward to it.

He grumbled, agressively sliding into the ramen bar with a single hand; vintage gold rings clinking against the screen door, the other still to his face. "Hey kid!" The old man- Mr. Nosaku called from behind the counter as he set a steaming bowl of soup down in front of a foreign, blonde customer.

Out of the corner of his lavender eyes, he noticed the hall monitor who caused him such a headache- the one we was so soft to. He cringed at the past events and actions, pulling out a wooden stool at his usual spot at the edge of the counter, crossing one leg over the other. Hoping, hoping he wouldn't notice him.

It smelled so good in here. Savory- like pork broth and garlic.

Mondo's usual ramen spot had a dark, chill ambience putting him right in a comforting, homey mood. There was only a few old and rundown, navy blue booths and of course: the bar. It was easy to tell the wooden counters have been used for many years, past spillage staining the surface. Behind the counter was a doorway covered with a curtain displaying a kanji character and a prep table cluttered with steaming toppings and ceramic white and blue ramen bowls. LED signs and blue lanterns lit the room. Giving a purple-colored, comforting atmosphere.

He loved this place. The owner even played music Mondo secretly adored; Momoko Kikuchi's Ame no Realize softly spilling from a record player behind the bar.

"Oi pops!" A husky voice yells, cupping his mouth to project against the chatter of customers and clacks of pots and pans. "Be out there in a sec, Owada!" He calls from behind the curtain, Mondo grinning with a thumbs up.

His head was in the clouds, daydreaming, leaning his soft cheek against his hand. Probably about what a lame life he lived and what he would do if he didn't force himself to be such a 'good boy,' living under a rock. Honestly, it wasn't forced; being good came naturally to him. He didn't have that need as a teenager- to rebel. But, of course, a little rebellion never hurts anyone.

Speaking of rebellion, Taka's head jolted, adjusting his glasses at the familiar voice and cologne that entered the perimeter; the epitomy of a dumb teenager doing risky things. The voice that just asked for a truce hours earlier.

Kiyotaka being, well, Kiyotaka slid from his booth and approached the bar without any second thoughts. All decorum or care was out the window, not giving a damn whether or not Mondo wanted Taka next to him.

He tilted his head, peering to confirm it was indeed his class' delinquent; the lighting dying his skin an unnatural amethyst color giving Taka a feeling he couldn't describe: painful but he liked it, almost pleasant.

All hope out the window; alas, Mondo's hair did him no good. "Ah hello Owada-kun. I thought I recognized your voice," Taka beamed, plopping himself to the right of the gang leader as he flinched in his seat, heart skipping a beat.

Shit, eyebrows was next to him.

"Mind if I sit?" His voice was softer than it was earlier today, Mondo- who wasn't at all good at reading social cues- could detect the sincerity in his tone. Much, much more genuine than his forced apology at school.

His eyes looked the hall monitor up and down, his oversized silver frames, black satin button up and baggy workpants tugged at the ultimate biker gang leader's heartstrings; but of course, he didn't know that. Mondo didn't realize he was quickly catching feelings for the nark, snitch, goody-goody, pain in the ass honors student he wanted to hate.

Sure, Mondo was a bit of an asshole- although his close friends and classmates would chalk him up to a good guy- he wasn't such an ass to where he'd tell that hall monitor, "don't sit next to me," like Togami probably would. He was indeed intimidating, but a pretty nice guy at heart... at least he thought so.

Broad shoulders shrug with a slight warmth on his cheeks, sweat forming on his forehead thanks to Taka's soft voice and tilted head. In return, Taka gave a sheepish smile, turning his attention to a Mr. Nosaku setting an empty cup in front of him and Mondo, as well as a plastic pitcher filled with iced tap water.

"This your friend?" A coarse voice- probably from cigarettes, considering theres an ash tray on the edge of the counter- asks, pouring some water in each cup. Mondo keeps his eyes off Taka, shuffling in his seat. "Well-" "We are simply classmates," Taka nudges Mondo with a- Mondo swore he winked- sipping his water, crossing one leg over the other.

God, that wink. Mondo couldn't stand it; he felt like a wave of butterflies were fluttering around in his stomach. He never, never found Kiyotaka- the most modest, boring, buzzkill hall monitor attractive... but after that wink, that stupid fucking wink, he honestly felt like he was the hottest person he'd ever laid eyes on. Other than himself, obviously. But of course, he'd never admit that to anyone... not even himself.

What the fuck, Eyebrows. Is he cursing him after all the months of disruptions, all the rules broken? Did Celestia teach him some witchcraft or something?

He leaned on his cheek, lazily gazing from Taka to Mr. Nosaku with a notepad and pen, ready to scribble their order down.

"Ah, I see. Well, whadaya kids want?" He asks with a grin, fine lines wrinkling his face; he was in his late 40s, early 50s.

Taka puts his finger on his chin, as if in deep thought, his eyes glued to the plastic menu pinned on the wall behind the bar, revealing low quality pictures of each dish.

"I'll take 6pc pork gyoza and a large shio ramen," He declares, his voice loud and projected, Mondo shivering at the tone he uses when presenting a project or busting someone at school, but perhaps eyebrows is simply a loud person, like himself.

"And Owada-kun? What do you want?" His tone- like before- was soft, tilting his head, short, black hair falling into his eyes. Mondo physically gulps; face and ears hot, looking down as he gives his answer. "You know my usual, pops," he slides a ring up and down his pointer finger, Taka jumps in his seat, "May I see the nutritional information-" "He's joking," Mondo mumbles, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance as Mr. Nosaku dissappears into the back.

God this was fucking embarrassing. Who the hell asks for nutritional information?

What's eyebrow's deal?

1395 words.