*。:* goodnight :)

irl!

later his first night, shay walks into the "middle ground" of what they call their kitchen, dining room, and living room combined. karl and jake are playing super smash intensely. "i legit leave for five seconds."

"here." jake hands her their other controller. "were almost done, i'm kicking karls ass."

karl scoffs, "shay i swear i'm not this bad."

        "karl my guy, this is the fifth game we've played."  jake says which makes shay crack up. "shay could definitely butcher your ass"

        with one hit, jake knocks out karl which quickly ends the game. "damnit!!!" karl yells.

         shay quickly sets next to karl on the small couch. "karl i'm going to beat your ass." she says with full competitive shay activated.

        "you really think so!?" karl teases looking at the girl who was supringly close. "because you haven't met," he switches his character. "KING DEEDEEDEE!!!!"

         they start the game, "you unironically use king deedeedee???" jake laughs.

         "jake your go to is wii fitness lady so kindly shut up." karl jokes.

       shay gasps, "it's official karl hates women!!!"

       karl shoulders her side, "let's not say that," it was mostly genuine.

       karl was down to his last life as he thinks of a game plan. "jake stop!!!" but jake was attacking him.

       soon enough the badgley siblings are attacking him and poof, he was gone. "NOO!!" he screams. "shay?" he quickly changes into a cute smile. karl wasn't new to the fact that shay was basically one of the most ticklish person alive. "payback time." he tickles her neck. inevitably she wheezes and laughs so so hard. 

      jake lovingly kills off shay because she unknowingly let go of the controller. "FUCK YEAH!!! 'NOTHER WIN!! LETS GO LETS GO"

      "stop karl, i'm dying!" with that sentence, karl immediately stopped.

      "and that's what you get for helping your brother kill me." karl has a sweet smile which was mirrored onto her.

      jake stands up and flings the control into his spot. "ew grow up, get a room you two."

      "you're the reason i'm here buddy." karl says.

      "oO burn." shay fist bumps the boy. "which by the way a very half assed gift."

      by now jake has taken a pint of ice cream from the freezer and has stuffed some in his mouth. "you're happy aren't you? boom did my job."

       "wait, both of you had half asses gift." shay realizes.

      karl defends, "i thought it would be cute,"

      "gross gross gross, it's been a long day with beating karl at every single thing imaginable." he yawns bring his ice cream with him. "alrighty, nighty night losers."

      shay sighs standing up to turn off the tv. "i bet your tired from jet lag."

      karls confused at first then, "you think i have jet lag!?!"

      "don't you?"

     "shay!" karl says, "there's no time difference between here and north carolina."

     "wait really!?!" she covers to her mouth. "oh god. i am so stupid." karl laughs at her.

      "you are so stupid" he smiles getting him as the two get to her room. "but it's cute."

       "okay, kArL" shay smiles then goes into the bathroom. "you can just sleep in my bed if that's comfy for you."

      "oh cool." it was more than cool.

     shay walks out of the bathroom to find karl shirtless. "oh my god- i- i am so sorry." she closes the door immediately.

      karl froze for a second. he's never been the most confident in his body, "i'm good now," she walks back out. he's in simple sweatpants and shirt and funny enough so was karl.

。・:*゜★,。・゜☆

      the two just decide to move past it or else it would've became more awkward than it needed to be. "in this house hold, we sleep with the lights on." she climbs into bed.

      "ok psychopath." karl jokes.

      "i'm serious i haven't gotten eaten by a monster and you are not going to be the reason i am."

     karl lays down and couldn't kept but let out a small laugh. "you can't be serious."

    shay rolls her eyesand turns to face him. "karl i know there's no such thing as monsters." she pauses. "but they haven't been unproven."

he takes a moment to just smile. "i promise there are no monster... and i can't sleep without it being dark, so please."

shay rolls her eyes and gets up from her comfy bed to turn off the lights. "holy crap." it was pitch black. "umm."

"here." karl waves his hands in the air and eventually they clash with hers. and he pulls her onto the bed.

"shit ow-" she hits her head on something known. "are you happy?!" you could hear the smile.

"perhaps." she adjusts beside him.

it was a couple minutes of just silence. "karl." she whispers.

"yep." he was wide awake apparently.

"good night." she shifts closer and lays her head of his chest.

couldn't exactly see it, but his face was warming up. to answer her last question, yes. he was very happy. "goodnight."