Prologue

Hi! I'm Astrid, Astrid Claire Riddle. Some of you might have heard the name Riddle before, so let me just clear up any confusion. My daddy is Tom Marvolo Riddle, also known as Lord Voldemort. I know what you are thinking, he's evil and you're his daughter, so you must be evil too! Well, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not. And he is actually an amazing dad, and I'm not just saying that because he is my dad, he really is nice to me. He never yelled at me, he gave me lots of things, but he didn't spoil me too much, he played with me when I was a baby, and he was overall a nice father. At least, that's what I've been told. Sadly, he was destroyed when I was only 1 ½, but I have vague memories of him and happiness, and everyone who knew him (the Death Eaters) always said he was the nicest and happiest around me.
I've never met my mother, so I can't say much about her, but I like to believe she was amazing. She had to be to capture the heart of a man who spreads terror with just the mention of his name.
I now live with Severus Snape in his small house on Spinners End in northern England. Bellatrix is my godmother but she is in Azkaban, so I'm with Severus.
I am 11 years old and my birthday is on February 28. I am 4 feet 6 inches, have straight black hair to my lower back, dark brown, almost black eyes, and a pale complexion. I look like a girl version of my father, and everyone says I am very beautiful.
I am a very energetic person, I am kind, forgiving, friendly, sneaky, cunning, curious, manipulative, innovative, funny, sarcastic, persistent, love to annoy people, and I hate how people judge just because of their blood type, race, parents or any of that stuff. I prefer to judge people on who they are and what they do, not something that they couldn't control.
I am very smart for an 11 year old, have a very fast mind, always have something going on in my head, and can multitask very well. I can also look at things from a different point of view, without any favoritism or bias.
I have a gift for languages, and can replicate almost any sound I hear, kind of like a parrot. I am fluent in English, Parseltongue, French, Spanish, Latin, Russian, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Czech, and Finnish. I am learning Bulgarian, Korean, Polish, Swahili, Albanian, Hungarian, and Vietnamese. I love to learn languages, and want to learn as many as I possibly can; it takes me about 6 months to learn a language fluently by just hearing it.
I've visited lots of countries to help me learn different languages and cultures, of both muggles and wizards. It helps that I can have Sev apparate us wherever I want instead of doing it the muggle way, which is very tedious.
I have a pet snake named Slink. She is a Paradise Flying Snake (Chrysopelea paradisi). She can glide around better than a flying squirrel, and is my best friend. She is black and green with orange/red diamonds on her back, and yellow stripes and spots on her head. She is 2 ½ feet long and I think she is the most amazing creature in the world.
A couple months before Dad disappeared, I was playing outside in Albania when she came over to me, and I immediately felt a connection to her. I don't know what she was doing in Albania; I don't think they live around there. I took her home and Dad let me keep her, and over time our connection grew, to where we can speak to each other's minds and she can give me a sense of what's around me when we are touching, if I concentrate. I can talk to her because dad spoke to me only in Parseltongue, so it is my primary language, and English is my second.
I am blind, so Slink is like my guide dog.
I wasn't born blind, but when I was little my vision started getting worse, and by the time I was 6 my sight was gone completely. I'm not too sad about my vision because I have Slink, and my other senses are better, especially my hearing. I can hear a conversation from half a mile away if I really try, and I learned my own version of echolocation, like bats and whales use to know where things are, so I'm not totally helpless.
Those are the basics about me, now time for my story.

A/N
I'm not blind and I don't know anyone who is blind so if I get something wrong or it's offensive or something please tell me and I'll do my best to fix it.

If this matters to anyone, I'm planning on changing a few things in this so it makes more sense etc. It might end up being very different, I'm not entirely sure what all I'll do.