☁️- Teen!Derek x Teen!Reader

Start from the beginning

Ma had volunteered to go and get the door. You followed her with your eyes as she stood and went over. "Ahh Cove! What brings you here today." You instantly perked up upon hearing this from your mom. Cove was like the older brother you never had. You're pretty sure Jamie and him have a thing going so perhaps he'll actually become a brother to you one day. You snickered at the thought which got you a weird look from mom but you shrugged it off and trudged over to the door. "Alright I'll go and- oh!" Ma turned to you as she noticed you walking up. "Y/n since you're here can you go and get Jamie, tell her cove is here. He brought something for the family." You nodded and smiled a bit at cove who gave you a shy one back. "Got it! Hey cove!" You gave a subtle wave and turned and left before he could give you a greeting back.

Running up the stairs to Jamie's room you knocked twice before opening the door. She was laying in her bed staring at the ceiling, and when you came in she glanced your way. "Jamie! Your boyfriends here so come down and see him!" You smiled as she blushed and rolled her eyes. You grabbed the door handle and started swinging back and forth on it. "Get upppp! Ma said he brought some sort of present thingy."

"Alright alright, I'm up." She yawned and went over to the edge of her bed, sitting up. You left and went back downstairs, your Ma was still talking to cove and Lizzie- or Elizabeth, was still in the kitchen while your mom was on the couch. You went over to Ma, "She should be down in a minute!" Your mom smiled and ruffled your hair as a response which made you giggle lightly. You made small talk with cove for the time being.

"You're the last one up you know." You heard your Ma say. You and cove turned to see Jamie slowly making her way over to you both. You moved out the way, going outside to give her space to walk up to Cove in the small hallway. You heard her respond though you didn't hear the exact words she said.

You looked towards the sky and smiled. It was a fairly nice morning. Perhaps you'll go to the shopping street or just the beach. You were pulled out of your thoughts by repeated footsteps coming your way.

Glancing over you noticed Derek Suarez, your crush, running up to you three. You blushed immediately at the sight of him and looked away only to meet eyes with Jamie who shot you a confused look before it morphed into one of realization. She smirked at you and narrowed her eyes causing you to glare back. "Hey guys!" He said once he got close enough making everyone's attention snap back to him.

You couldn't help but smile. You've liked him for a while now but you were too afraid to say anything. He always left after summer ended but you'd recently found out that he might not come back for a while after this summer. The thought made you sad, you wouldn't be able to see him anymore. And in that moment you concluded that you were going to confess to Derek. Maybe getting it off your chest will make you feel better by the end of the summer. And if it goes well that means that it'll be even more fun when you both hang out. You'll have to wait for the perfect time though.

"I was just at your house Cove but no one was there." He chuckled. "Should've figured you'd be at Jamie's place! Do you ever spend time in your own home or are you always just there?" He laughed and you joined in a bit, covering your mouth to try and suppress the noise. Coves face was bright red it was hilarious.

"What's that?" He asked suddenly, pointing to the gift in Jamie's hands. A fruit bouquet Huh? So that was the gift. "This?" She gestured down, "it's kinda like a bouquet of flowers but it's made of fruit." He smiled "cool, can I have some?" "Maybe we can have some later." He bounced on the balls of his feet which you found absolutely adorable. "Awesome!"
He nodded his head, eyes closed as if he was getting prepared to do something. "There's some other kid here in Sunset Bird!" What he said made your eyes widen tremendously. Another kid? That's rare in sunset bird! "Were they with their family? Maybe they were just cutting through." Cove said as Jamie nodded in agreement. "Nuh uh. The new kid was just all by himself, just walking."