Part 1

"Meredith Marie Grey! Get your ass down here!" Bickered none other then the voice of Ellis Grey, my mother.

"Coming!" I yelled as I pulled my comforter down and jumped off of my bed. I walked down the stairs and into the living room where my mom was sitting.

"You summoned me?" I asked as I plopped onto the couch across from the chair she was sitting in.

"First that was disrespectful and second I have news for you." She said very seriously.

"Ok?" I questioned.

"I enrolled you into a boarding school you little shit."

"Wait. I got into 'Seattle National school of Science and Medicine'? Wow, guess I'm not that big of a dumbass after all, right mother?" I said, with a slight smirk on my face.

"Be greatful. You are already packed and scheduled to leave next Saturday."She said, pulling me into a hug. "I love you." She whispered.

"Love you too." I said back.

We pulled out of the hug. I couldn't believe it. My mom had tears in her eyes. Wow. My mom does care for me and love me. She usually is the wicked bitch from the west.

"Wait but the school year has been in section for a few weeks already. I can start the school year late? And what about my current school? And only like 100 people get in." I had so many questions.

"Don't worry. I already talked to the principal at 'Boston High' and sorted everything out with Mr. Shepherd at SNSM. You have a week to get ready. She said. "Now I have to go off to attend important business." And she walked away

Weird right? Wouldn't you be sad that your daughter is going to a boarding school? At least she isn't being a bitch right this minute. And of course she had me packed and ready to go. The sooner I leave, the better.

I went back upstairs after sorting out everything with my new school. As I fall back  on to my bed, I get lost in my own thoughts. It isn't until I feel someone's presence in the room that I come out of my daydream. I look up to see none other than my best friend, Jackson Avery.

"Hey Avery." I said as I sat up.

"Hey." He responded as he sat on my bed. "So you are leaving?"

"Yeah. I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too tiny tart."

"I'm going to come and visit." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I know. It's just that my little girl is leaving. You are only 14 years old. I watched you grow up."

"Yeah and you are only 29 years old. You have been babysitting me since I was just a few months old. But I watched you go to college. You know how hard that was? I thought that you were going to forget me." Tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them back.

"I will never forget you." Jackson said as he hugged me. "god, I remember when you were barely 2 years old. Don't forget that you are still a kid." He whispered into my ear.

"I know I'm still a kid. Im still going to be a kid at school. It's not like I'm going to college and leaving home." I muttered into his chest. We pulled apart after a few minutes.

"I know. Be careful, don't do drugs or join any gangs. No sex, well have sex I don't care but use condoms."

"JACKSON!"

"What? Just in case." Jackson laughed.

Some things you should know about. I don't have any friends. Well I do but we aren't really friends, more of the type that hangout at school. Talk about weekends or school projects but not real friends. There is Jackson and April but they are 15 years older than me. I have gotten close to some of there work friends too like Arizona and Callie. They are also in their late 20s.

I've came to realize that it's really only me battling the world and that's okay. I know I have Jackson and April but sometimes it doesn't feel that way. It's fine though, really I am fine. I will soon be reunited with my best friend. He got into the school last year, his family decided to move to Seattle to be closer to the school.

Hopefully I'll make more friends and see him. I'm not too lonely.

One week later..

"Come on Meredith!" Mother summed me to the downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I went running down the stairs, nearly falling.

"Let's go." She said. "All the bags are already on the plane."

"Kay."

Ellis dropped Meredith off at the airport. She boarded the plane and had a nice flight, landed and one of her moms men helped her with her bags.

-814 words

-hi guys. I'm back again with a new story. I plan on finishing this on, lol. Let me know what y'all think of this first chapter! If you have any ideas, feel free to message me or comment.