My heart sinks to my stomach and I gulp hard, trying to ignore the suffocating feeling in my throat.

This is not Derek, this is someone who wants to hurt Derek. This could be the person who framed us.

But it doesn't sound like James...

"What do you want?" I try to compose my voice and sound anything but threatened, but when my voice cracks it gives it away.

"Come to that parking lot and find out." He hangs up.

I begin shaking tremendously and I try to sit on the bed but I slide near it, bringing my hand to my heart.

I take a big breath of air but the air can't reach my lungs and I take another one and another one.

I gasp for air and I try to grab the phone again to call for help but I am paralyzed with fear.

My legs are motionless and I can't do anything else but stare at the wall trying to breathe.

Just breathe, Veronica.

I haven't had a panic attack in ages, I can't have one now.

One, two, three, breathe in.

Four, five, six, breathe out.

I close my eyes and I continue focusing on my breath, slowing it down and making it steady.

"I'm okay," I whisper exhausted and I continue breathing in every three numbers, then letting it all out composedly.

I keep my eyes shut even when I feel like I can breathe again, my heart pounds against my rib cage.

I regain control over my body despite the uneasy feeling I have in my stomach. It feels empty, and not because of hunger.

I'm terrified. I'm terrified for Derek.

I have to find out what they want but I know they are going to hurt me. I need to tell Alexander, he could help me.

I scramble up, shifting woozily. I don't even bother to grab my phone, I rush out of the dorm and I sprint to the elevator, ignoring everyone staring at me and that I might trip.

When I reach the elevator I realize it's under maintenance and I curse under my breath. A guy turns to me and chuckles in a derogatory way.

"What a temper."

I ignore him and I hurriedly rush downstairs, two steps at once until I reach the first floor of the dormitories.

When I finally arrive to Alexander's dorm, I take a big breath of relief and I don't even bother to knock before entering.

I mistakenly first notice a guy shirtless, changing into another shirt, and I look the other way.

Alexander is also changing into another white shirt.

The guy chuckles. "I'll leave you to it." The guy seems amused as he speaks to Alexander.

Alexander eyes me warily and I walk to him nervously.

"Sorry for bursting in," I apologize to the guy and he gestures 'no problem' as he walks out of the room.