Prison Break

"You have a sister?"

It had to be at least midnight by the time Nat was calmed down enough to speak. After hanging up the phone from talking with Yelena, Steve and Nat didn't really know what to say. They had fallen to the kitchen floor crying, relieved their daughter was safe. Yelena was a lifesaver.

If only Steve knew who Yelena was.

Nat lifted her head to look at Steve.

"I thought she had died...." She trailed off, turning distant, and Steve was patient with her, rubbing her back in small circles until she felt comfortable again to speak about her. Steve may not have known much about Yelena, but he did know one thing; Her past was hard for her to talk about, and Yelena was clearly a huge part of it.

"It was a huge shock to hear her voice. Back in the Red Room, she was the only person I cared about, and she, me."

She took a deep breath before continuing.

"When I was sixteen and Clint broke me out, S.H.I.E.L.D. had told him everyone else had died. I don't know how, but Yelena, I-I guess she was kidnapped by one of the guards. Her memories were erased, and she was forced into the Red Room again. I didn't think I'd ever hear her voice again..." She trailed off, and Steve could tell her mind wasn't really focused on her past with Yelena. The gears were turning on coming up with a plan to find her and Wanda, despite Yelena's advice to just stay put.

She stood up, wobbling for a moment before gaining her footing.

"JARVIS, bring up the last number called."

"Despite being listed as an unknown caller, I can tell you the area code. Is that what you would like?"

"Yes please, JARVIS."

"The number has a +7 499-area code. It is within the southern part of Russia, or Northern Part of Sokovia."

Nat took a shaky breath, and Steve squeezed her hand.

"Looks like we're taking a trip to Russia."

...

It was almost three am the next day when Yelena finally found it safe enough to see Wanda again. No one was around, and she roamed the halls, planning their escape beforehand by shooting out all the security cameras on the way to the nearest exit. She loaded her gun, again, hoping she wouldn't need to use it too much, especially in front of the already traumatized young girl, but she was defiantly prepared, just in case.

She made her way down the hallway, thankful for the silent way she was taught to walk in the Red Room all those years ago, shooting out each camera every few meters.

Yelena picked up her pace. She would have to be fast now. Once Dmitry noticed the broken security system, it was game over.

She pulled the stolen key out of her pocket, and her heart broke all over again for the girl, whose eyes lit up as soon as she noticed Yelena.

"Okay, Wanda," She whispered. "You ready to go home?"

A smile was plastered to Yelena's face, but Wanda could see in her eyes that she was trying to hide fear.

Wanda nodded, wringing her wrists as soon as Yelena let her wrists out. She fought the urge to hold them to her chest. They were so used to being forced there for so long, it felt like second nature.

Yelena knelt to her level.

"Okay, here's the plan. We have to move fast, because I already shot out all the security cameras and once Dmitry finds out, he'll come here looking for us. Hold my hand at all times, unless you have to use your magic, and follow me to the garage."