Rainboots

"What do you think about going shopping today, Wanda? We need to get you some new clothes and some other things, and I think it would be good to show you around a bit."

It was the morning after Nat, Clint, and Wanda got back from the farm. The three of them, along with Steve, Tony, and Pepper, were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

The farm had helped Wanda gain so much confidence, and she wasn't nearly as nervous to be around the Avengers. They had even all watched a few episodes of Full House together last night. It was one of the sitcoms Wanda hadn't seen before, and she had loved every minute of it. She stayed through the whole time they watched, and she didn't even feel uncomfortable with everyone in the room.

Wanda didn't know how she felt about shopping though. She hadn't been to the city in America yet, but from what she could tell on tv, New York was filled with people, and that made her nervous.

"We could drive to a mall on the outskirts so that it wouldn't be so busy." Said Nat.

Wanda looked around, staring at everyone individually. Steve stopped mid-bite of his Lucky Charms to playfully wink at her.

"I know it might be a little scary, Wanda. But I think it would do you some good to see the city. Plus, I want you to be able to pick out your own things." Nat continued, taking a swig of coffee. "What do you say? Maybe Pepper would like to come along?" Nat looked over to Pepper, who gave a guilty shake of her head.

"Sorry guys. I've got meetings back-to-back all day."

"I could come along if you want." Steve piped up, taking a swig of Clint's orange juice, which reward him with a shove.

"I haven't been to a mall in ages, I forget what they look like. Plus, I'd do anything to ride in Nat's Porsche."

They all laughed. Nat rolled her eyes.

"Sure, I guess you can come. But we can't take the Porsche. It doesn't have room for a booster seat."

"I don't need a booster seat!" Wanda protested. She had seen it on TV once. Something kids in America used to stay safe in the car. But she wasn't that little, was she?

Steve put his and Wanda's bowls in the sink. He turned to Nat.

"Firstly, what do you mean I guess," he turned to Wanda. "Secondly, I already bought the booster seat Nat requested. It was very specific too. I think she was reading a mommy blog." Clint and Tony busted out laughing, so did Nat.

"I was not!" She smacked Steve on the arm. "Laura just gave me the name of the one Lila has."

Wanda pouted. She knew she deserved it sometimes, but she hated being treated like a baby.

"Don't worry, baby witch." Clint noticed her facial expression. "Nat isn't the only over-protective parent out there. Your Auntie Laura is still forcing Cooper into a booster seat. He barely even fits in it."

Wanda smiled at the Auntie Laura. She liked it, it made her feel a part of their family.

"Okay. Can I get rain boots?"

"Rain boots? Why?" Nat laughed. It was so random, considering she barely even had enough clothing.

"Like on Full house. When they played outside in the rain."

Nat shrugged. "I don't see why not. Anything else, in particular, you would want to get?" She wanted Wanda to be excited about this.

Wanda shook her head.

"Alright then," She grabbed Steve's keys off the wall, tossing them to him.

"Let's go, you're driving Cap."