"Like the Goaltender Fleury?"

"Yes Patty, the very one. The only Fleury on my team dumb dumb." She sarcastically answered.

"Well damn Sis…. He is single and your daughter likes him. You better pay close attention to that man. It's about time you found someone to make you happy again." He said, trying to reason with her.

"I love you and all, but I'll worry about my own love life, thank you. Now I have to go. I'll text you later. Love ya." Barlow smiled as she got out of her car. She walked around to the back to grab her bags of gear.

"Yeah yeah, it's what older brothers are for. Love you too. Give Harper a kiss for me." Patrick said before hanging up the phone. Barlow sighed and shook her head, throwing her phone into her bag. She brushed some stray hairs off her face and made her way into the T-Mobile Arena. She took the long hallways down to the locker rooms, the gold, white and black walls leading the way. The gold knights and Shields, the team logo lining the vibrant walls. She made her way to the locker room door and pushed it open, going over to her cubby. She dropped her duffle bag and sat on her bench, taking out gear to start gearing up for practice. The first preseason game was in a week and she wanted to be as fit and ready as possible. She was told they were playing her on the first line to see how she does with the team and to see where she fit. She had been here three weeks now and was starting to feel more at ease in the locker room, finding her way around and learning how things were run around there.

Pulling the dark gray jersey with the shiny number 42 on its back over her head, the silky jersey sliding down over her pads. She laced up her skates and then stood up, grabbing her helmet and sticks before walking down the tunnel to the rink. Only three guys were out on the ice, Marc-André, Cody and DeBoer, who was having Cody work on his slap shots and shorthands against Flower. The young rookie was good, but needed a few tune ups here and there, and there was no one better to practice against than Flower for a slapshot or backhand. He was good at stopping those shots, so getting one past him was not something that happened often. Barlow slipped in her helmet, letting her sticks lean against the wall near the bench as she before stepping into the ice and doing some simple stretches to warm up her legs and core before really getting into harder and faster warm-ups. She put her left leg up on the wall at the bench and leaned over it, letting her muscles stretch out before doing it on her right leg. Then she did some twists, going into a toe touch and then bending side to side. Once she felt a bit warmed up and went out into the ice to do some drills to warm up more. She went down into the splits on the ice, bending over her legs, touching her hand to her toes before bending the other way and repeating that. Then she got up and started to skate around, letting her body get used to the ice before she took a puck on her stick blade and started to do patterns with it between her legs, letting the speed build up before she snapped it at the empty net. She did this a few more times before DeBoer called her name.

"Kane!"

She snapped her head up upon hearing her name and skated over to the head coach.

"Hey I want you to show Cody what a real slapshot on Flower looks like. Playoff style." He said, giving her a wink. Barlow laughed and nodded her head, taking the puck near her skates and started moving it. She went down to the far end away from Marc-André and acted like she was just playing around. She saw Flower standing in the net, relaxed and not really ready for an attack. She smacked her stick down against the ice, earning Marc's attention. He snapped his helmet down, and smacked his stick against the bars of the net. She smiled and took off for him. She knew he was expecting what she did 3 weeks ago, to snow him out and then go bar down on the net, like she did in the playoffs. But she had other ideas. She raced for the blue line, pushing herself faster and faster. Flower got ready to block the shot, thinking she was going to pull the same trick as last time. But once Barlow hit the blue line she snapped her stick back like a golfer and hit the puck with all her strength. When her blade hit the puck it made a loud crack, the puck going flying through the air and right between Marc-André's right arm and right leg pad, smacking the back of the net with a loud snap.