CHAPTER V

a/n: hello! I'm back after my long hiatus which I deeply apologize for, life has been hectic but I'm gradually coming back towards this app. I lost my motivation for writing completely, which was terrible but I'm back now. This is still being continued so please continue to give it love <3 This chapter is short but it's told in Denki's POV. the lack of capitalization is indeed intentional, enjoy the chapter!

he couldn't believe the words, mini daggers were repeatedly stabbing at his heart. the feeling was just unbelievably unbearable. if anybody asked, they wouldn't be able to understand why he was so upset. why it mattered. why it hurt. why his heart shattered right then and there. denki couldn't believe the words that just slipped out of his best friend's mouth so easily, so so easily. almost like she didn't seem to care about what she did. about what he thought.

why should she care?

she only sees you as a friend.

a friend.

nothing more. that's all you'll ever be. pushed aside, not even an option.

why did he have to care so much? it shouldn't matter, who she hooks up isn't his concern. it won't ever be.

what bothered him the most was two of his closest friends getting together behind his back and the pile of jealousy that was rising up in his stomach. how he hated it so much. it was like a balloon waiting to pop.

without another glance, "you didn't have to tell me anything. I hope you had fun with him." the words came out quickly, without feeling and any remorse as he adjusted his book bag and walked down the hallway, ignoring the girl's calls after him.