I turned back to Tom who was stood in the doorway of his room, a displeased look upon his face as he watched Harrison leave, pulling his hand up to rub the bridge of his nose with his two fingers, sighing.

  "I'm sorry you had to hear that." He apologized, removing his hand to look over at me.

  I shrugged. "It's fine. I didn't hear much." I confessed, which was true. I'd only heard the end. I wished i'd heard more so that I could get context. I had a puzzle with most of it missing. I couldn't do much with it except guess what picture it made.

  He didn't say anything, he just nodded, glancing down at the floor for a moment as his finger tapped upon the wood of the doorframe.

   I glanced at the stairs. "Shouldn't he stay here? Won't it be unsafe out there? I mean we were literally shot at e-"

  "He'll be fine. They won't touch him. They don't care about him." He said, his voice expressionless and almost bored as if he was annoyed by a small question for a reason he didn't know.

  I looked at him confused. "What?"

  That answer didn't make sense. The first time I had a conversation with Tom, he said he was afraid that i'd get shot at for being seen with him, but he let Harrison go out with the excuse that he'd be fine and that they wouldn't hurt him even though they're best friends.

Surely they know that Harrison and Tom are close right? If they wanted to go for Tom without actually going for him, he'd go for someone Tom cares about, like Harrison. So why does Tom think he'll be fine?

  If they didn't shoot at us because we've been seen with tom, why were we shot at in the first place?

  Tom ran his fingers through his hair, ignoring my question as he walked past me to head for the stairs, leaving me trailing after him confused. He stuck his hands into his pockets and wiped his nose, acting as if he didn't hear my question.

  "What did you guys get from the shops? You were gone for a little while." He changed the subject, walking over to the kitchen where our packets from the shops earlier sat on the counter, the contents almost spilling out from being lazily placed down.

  I furrowed my brows, feeling a little concerned for the way that he acted as if there was nothing wrong and there wasn't questions that needed answers to.

   He started pulling the contents of the packets out, studying them before he chucked them onto the counter, mumbling words to himself hurriedly as if he was trying to stuff his mind full of information.

"Tom?.." I asked wearily, slowly stepping towards him, feeling a bit frightened by his behavior.

"Oh, pasta sheets, hmm I haven't-haven't had this in a while.." He mumbled, looking at the packet of pasta sheets as if they were the most interesting things in the world. "I think the last time I had these was when my personal chef made these, no no- that wasn't this, that was something else.." He muttered before chucking it down. 

  "Tom."

  He pulled out a tin out of the packet and looked at it, almost chucking it between his hands as he looked at the details on it. Why was he acting like this?

  "Tomato paste, hmm" He mumbled. "Are these actually made of tomato's or are they just telling us that? Maybe it's made of limes and we've just been lied to and told that it's tomato paste, so you're conditioned into hating tomato paste because it tastes like limes-"

Sucker For Pain | t.hजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें