21

-December-

"Okay so you're all set now you just have to put the bait." Schlatt explained to Toby and Tommy who was there with Philza.

"It's alive?! Thats grim hell no." Tommy shouted walking over to Phil.

"How do I put the bait?" Toby asked gently picking up a worm.

Schlatt showed him how to do it before Toby copied his movement.

The father and son cracked a few jokes and caught a couple of fish. It reminded Schlatt of how much his little bud had grown up.

It reminded Schlatt of the day he almost left his son in a box. Of when he felt hopeless and didn't know how he could raise the boy on his own. He knew he had to tell Toby before something happened.

"Bud I have to be honest with you." Schlatt said looking upon the water.

Toby looked at him. "What happened dad?"

"When Grace had first left I didn't know how I was going to raise you alone. One evening we were both exhausted and I broke down. So I gathered you up and set you in a box on the street. I figured someone else would take better care of you." Schlatt took a shaky breath looking at his son.

"But then you called out for me and I couldn't do it. I couldn't walk away from you and leave you guessing for the rest of your life. So we went home, you had a bath, and I began a college course. I needed to tell you because we're always on you about honesty. I didn't wanna be a hypocrite and hold back information from you."

-

"Wow that's, how are you doing Tubbo?" Ranboo asked looking at his friend.

"I don't know. I mean I understand that he told me because it was a weight on his chest. But at the same time he didn't leave me, he didn't walk away when he could have. Instead he took me home." Toby said pushing his books into his bag.

"Well sometimes that doesn't come out until parents are on their death bed." Addie said

"You don't think thats whats happening do you? You don't think my dads dying?" Toby said his breathing began to pick up and his vision began to blur.

"NO! Oh goodness Tubbo no of course not. It was a bad metaphor. You're dad's gonna be around for a long time." Addie said as Ranboo led him to sit down.

"Tommy get his water bottle. Addie call Dawson. Tubbo take a deep breath everything's going to be okay." Ranboo said guiding him down onto the chair.

-

"So you got worried about dad dying? Oh sweetheart he's going to be around for a long time. He's not going anywhere." Dawson told him pulling him into a hug.

"I know ma but everything just hit at once." Toby muffled against their shoulder.

"We're gonna be stuck with dad for a lot longer honey. Don't worry yourself."

:)-----------------------(:
I'll be posting every two days 🙃