"Yeah, we still have to find Webby, so I'm not wasting 3 hours on nonsense."

"Sounds like a plan!" Huey jumped to his feet.

...

The first thing Dewey realized is that Gladdy liked to talk. A lot. Maybe bugging him about Della wouldn't be as hard as Dewey thought.

"I'm sure your uncle Donald and Feathry told you all about our adventures as kids," Gladdy said smiling. They walked around the second floor of the building. According to Gladdy, that was were most of the fun stuff was.

Dewey tucked his hands into his sleeve's. "Not really..." Louie shook his head, confirming Dewey's statement.

"Really? There was that time Feathry saved me from those llamas, one time Donald and I ran from woodpeckers, another time Della and I ended up on television after that fire at the school..." Gladdy went on talking, but Dewey's attention was drawn to his brother. Louie tensed at the mention of their mother. Dewey always had a suspicion Louie knew what had happened to her. The former couldn't risk asking Gladstone about her while the latter was around. He would probably put an end to Dewey's searching.

They stopped when they came to a stand labeled "Guess how many fingers I'm holding up." Gladdy smirked. "Oh, I'm great a these!"

"Are you?" Louie raised an eyebrow. "I mean, with your condition and all."

"Pft, come on, you act like it's a curse." Gladdy stopped when he realized what he said. "Wait a minute-"

"Would you like to try your luck sir?" the man at the stand asked. Gladdy leaned against the stand and slid money across to the man.

"Does this count as gambling?"

"Shh, Louie, you're ruining the process." After a moment, Gladdy finally guessed. "27."

"No."

Gladdy kept trying, just guessing 27 over and over again. Dewey and Louie exchanged a glance.

"How does he think he's holding up 7 fingers?" Dewey whispered to his brother. Louie shrugged.

The green triplet tugged at Gladdy's shirt. "Hey Gladstone, I've got to-"

"Two is correct."

Louie was caught of guard. "What?" The man handed the boy a set of car keys. "I- I, uh-" After a moment of stuttering, a smile spread across his face. "Cool! I got a car!" He looked to Gladdy and Dewey. "I'm, uh, gonna go check out the car I won, I guess." He ran off before they could stop him, laughing a little.

Gladdy watched after him. "Okay...so what do you want to do now Dewdrop?"

Dewey bit his lip, excitement bubbling inside of him. This is it! This is your chance! Just ask! Dewey opened his mouth, but no words would come out, a lump caught in the back of his throat. Speak! You're blowing it! Anxiety replaced his excitement. What if Gladstone didn't tell him? What if he told Feathry Dewey had asked! Or worse, Louie!

What if she was a bad person?

That was the biggest fear he had.

He took a deep breath. He would never know if he did't ask. Be brave, he told himself.

He looked Gladdy in the eyes. "Do you know what happen to Della?"

...

Panting, Lena and Webby stopped in an abandoned warehouse near the apartment complex. The older girl pushed the door open, letting Webby inside. She followed after. Webby skipped along, humming to the pitter patter of her feet on the cold concrete. The lighting was dim but sufficient, and cargo containers took up most of the space.