Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I'm just going to apologize in advance...

        I didn't pay much attention as to whom I was firing at. I shot in the direction of anyone who looked like they were trying to do me or my father harm. I had always been a good shot, but until then I hadn't truly realized just how good I really was. I hit every single person I aimed at. Nothing like the natural high of battle to keep you on edge.

        I was so lost in the mayhem that I hardly noticed that there was anyone there other than my father, me, and our enemies. But there were others there, fighting along side Loki and I.

        My father looked at me with his intense, jewel-like green eyes, seeming to send the message, Split up.

        I held my gun the exact way I had been taught and ran in the direction my instincts were telling me to go. I ran up to a building and, closing my eyes, focused on the muscles in my legs. A sort of fuzzy yet fine-tuned feeling developed around them.

        I took a deep breath, opened my eyes, and jumped into the air. And I didn't come down. When I reached the top of the building, I stopped ascending and stood on the roof. I smiled down at my feet. Cool. I had never done that before.

        Suddenly, I heard the very air separate around a fairly large body.

        I fell to my stomach as he hurdled just a few inches above me.

        A hammer swept just past my nose as I jumped backwards and to my feet. That was when I knew just who was attacking me.

        My throat went dry but I still kept light on my toes.

        He swept at me again and I held up my gun, despite the fact that I knew that it would do little good. I pressed the trigger and it clicked. Finally empty.

        I cursed and tossed it away. I pulled out a pocket knife from my belt as he stepped closer to me. I rolled in the opposite direction of the man.

        I closed my eyes and stood up. The blond man lunged at me- and fell right through me. And right off of the building.

        I looked over the edge to see him grabbing hold of the side of the building, gripping a ledge less than a centimeter wide. That wouldn't keep him long.

        I jumped off of the opposite side of the building and miraculously managed to land on my feet.
Don't ask me why, but I set off to find my father.

        "Sonji?" a piercingly familiar voice squeaked. I looked over to see Jana, of all people, huddled beneath a slightly collapsed building. She shrunk away from my crazed glare. Nico was sitting behind her. Both of their eyes were the size of Pluto.

        One of the thick-skinned men fighting with my father hit me on the back.

        "Kill the boy, child of Loki," he hissed. "I will take the little girl." He thrust me the gun he was holding and pulled another gun from his back.

        I held the gun for a moment and pointed it at Nico.

        He swallowed. "Sonja! Please, don't!"

        I held it trained at his head for a time, my eyes wild. I threw it at the thick man's feet. "I'm sorry. I can't."

        He grunted, his already beady eyes narrowing.

        "Fine then." He fired his gun at Nico. The blood rushed from my face and I shook all over. Nico fell over and Jana screamed. She started sobbing.

        "Sonji! Sonji!" she sobbed.

        I turned to the thick man. "I'll take the girl." I picked the gun up off the ground and trained it at Jana.

        "S-s-sonji...?" Jana sobbed.

        "Jana." There was no way I was missing her. "Little girl." My hand was on the trigger. "Run." I swung it at the man and fired. He flew back.

        Jana was in hysterics as I helped her out from under the building. I glanced at Nico's body. "I'll come back," I whispered at his unseeing blue-grey eyes.

        "Run, Jana. Run!" She sobbed, nodded, and ran away.

        I stood up and had an urge to find Tracy. Was she okay? She needed to be.

        I ran back towards SHIELD, holding the thick man's gun in my right hand, my less useful hand.

        I made it back to the room where Loki had first come from and ran in.

        "Tracy!" I shouted. "Tracy!"

        Two shots fired from a dark corner of the room and hit me in the chest. I flew backwards and hit the wall. I collapsed into a pile on the floor.

        I cupped a hand around my wound and brought my hand away. It was covered in sticky, red blood. My hands trembled as they hit the floor.

        "Oh my god, Sonja!" Tracy ran out of the corner. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

        My body convulsed. I stated into her kaleidoscope eyes. No. I'm sorry.

      She held my body against hers. I shook and I felt cold. So so cold. Yet it felt as if fire was coursing through my veins.

        She sobbed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't want to hurt you." A tear landed on my face and gazed up at her, my eyes wide as I shook one final time. I stopped needing to fill my lungs. I stopped hearing my blood rushing through my ears.

        Though my eyes weren't closed, the world faded to pure black.

Vote/Comment/Follow