Chapter Ten

"Sonja! Hey, Sonja! You here?" I heard the door slam as Tracy walked in.

       I closed my eyes and hugged my knees so I was in the fetal position.

      "Sonja? I just went out to grab some things for you- Sonja, what are you doing?" Tracy walked into my room and I heard some bags hit the floor. But I couldn't see through the mound of blankets I was curled up under. I just sighed.

        "Sonja? You okay?"

        "Yeah, I'm fine," I said through the blankets.

        "Can you come out?" Tracy sat down on my bed next to me.

        I stuck my head out from under the blankets. "Preferably not." I bundled myself back up.

        "C'mon, Sonja. Just tell me what's wrong."

        I groaned. "You're not going to shut up until I answer, are you?"

        "Nope. Now just tell me."

       "It's that Nico boy. He asked me out."

        "Sonja! That's awesome! Did you say yes?"

        I didn't say anything.

        "Oh don't tell me you said no! He's a total babe, not to be a pedophile."

        I still didn't say anything.

        "Why did you say no?"

        I flung the blankets off. "Because I didn't even know if I was allowed to leave the apartment, let alone be in a relationship! Hel, I don't even know if I'm going to school or if I'm going to be at SHIELD 24/7! I don't know any damn thing about what's going on!" I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down.

        "It's okay, Sonja. SHIELD has deemed you as not a threat, and unless you do something to make them think otherwise, you're going to have just about as much freedom as you did before. I promise." She placed a hand on my knee.

       "Seriously?"

        "Seriously. Now, give me the details about Nico and him asking you out."

        I laughed. "He asked me out to his school's Valentine's Day dance. But I don't think I'll end up going, though."

        "C'mon, Sonja! You should totally go! It'd be fun!"

        "I just- don't really know, yet."

        "Well, you still have two weeks to decide, anyways. And in the meantime, look at what I brought you!" She pointed at the bag.

        "My books!" I jumped up and ran to my backpack. I unzipped it and shrieked in happiness. "They're all here! They're all here!" I ran back and hugged Tracy. "Thank you thank you thank you! You're awesome!"

        She was stiff inside my embrace. "Um, you're welcome?"

        "You are the most amazing human being on this planet!" I stepped away, smiling and blushing.

        "No problem," Tracy said, cracking her knuckles. "It's all in a day's work."

        I ran to my bag and dragged it over to my bed.

        "So... am I going to keep going to school?" I asked, sitting next to Tracy on my bed.

        Her grin fell away. "That- I don't know yet. We're going to have to go to SHIELD tomorrow- even though they know I hate working on the weekends- but I'm sure things'll cleared up then."

        I wrapped a soft red blanket around my shoulders. "It better be. I'm tired of being kept in the dark about my own future."

        Tracy grabbed the end of the blanket and wrapped it around her own shoulders. "I don't like it either, Sonja. But I promise, no matter what happens at SHEILD tomorrow, I'll try to make sure you what's going on. I promise."

Vote/Comment/Follow