#9 -𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍-

Timeline: Modern AU, aged-up characters

Inspiration: Don't want to spoil ya'll much, but originally wrote this for mother's day. This can fit into the category of fluff.

It was as if time stopped momentarily. All was silent inside the bathroom except for the small droplets that fell from the recently closed faucet.

This can't be real.

It just can't be.

The world must be playing tricks on her. Believing this, Wanwan pinched herself as hard as she could, waiting for the moment her eyes would open to tell her it was all just a dream.

There was a small red mark on her left arm, a result from her desperate pinching. Heart racing, she glanced at the pregnancy test once again.

Two straight lines glared right back at her.

What was she going to do now? How should she even react? Most importantly, what was she going to tell Ling? How would he take the news?

Speaking of the bastard, if only he didn't spill his juice inside her this would never have happened. Wanwan reminisced about this one particular night 3 weeks ago, about how she had begged and whined for him to not release inside and tried to tell him she wasn't on birth control. Ling had paid no heed, telling her it was fine and nothing was going to happen.

Face crimson from both annoyance and slight embarrassment, Wanwan thought, "Nothing is going to happen" my ass. This is why you should listen to your partners all the time folks, even if you're in the middle of doing the deed.

She still couldn't grasp the thought that she was actually pregnant, that there was an actual child inside her belly. Her left hand rolled the front of her shirt upwards, giving access to her right pointer finger to deliver soft pokes at her currently flat stomach.

She was now a mother. How weird.

Her back slid down the bathroom wall and when her butt reached the floor, she leaned her head back towards the cold wall with a loud 'thump'.

Positive pregnancy test in her hand, she was really at a loss on what to do next. Worry tugged at her heartstrings with the anticipation of what was to come.

It wasn't that the marksman wasn't worried that she couldn't carry a child yet or that her boyfriend couldn't support a family. In fact, she was now 23 and well-off with her horny rich boyfriend who works as the boss of his family's famous and huge company.

It's just that this is all so sudden. Wanwan didn't expect to be a mother anytime soon. She herself still does her usual childish antics on a daily basis.

Getting out of the bathroom to roam their surprisingly luxurious apartment, she walked aimlessly, still unsure of what was best to do next. Wanwan locked the pregnancy test inside one of her vanity drawers in the bathroom so that Ling wouldn't happen to accidentally stumble across it if he went inside the bathroom.

The magenta-eyed man was currently at work, leaving her all alone for the first half of the days during Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Despite this, she never really got bored at all. The apartment had its own gym, swimming pool, and a mini-theater.

Once high-school had ended, Ling had persuaded her to move in with him. At first, she was reluctant but eventually gave in to her boyfriend's incessant offering and nonstop nagging. Unsurprisingly, she adapted quite easily after having shared a dorm with him for months from before. Back then, Wanwan had heard rumors that Ling came from a wealthy family but never knew he was actually this wealthy.