I swallowed hard before trying to find my voice. I knew that I was no one to interrupt but I also acknowledged that sooner or later their attention would be pointed in my direction. Something stirred within me. His last words had me opening my mouth before I could regret it.

"It was my fault!" I shouted, loud enough for all of them to turn in my direction. Mr. Heart walked to my bed side and I felt I was growing small as he crossed his arms over his chest,

"Who, may I ask, are you?" He said, his voice growing a bit softer.

"I...I'm, Aria. Opel." I replied, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Aria? Dathan is this woman something to you?" He asked.

Dathan pressed his lips into a thin line. I knew that lying wasn't going to get us anywhere, and by the looks of it, he feared lying to his father. "I'm a friend," I said, trying to keep the lies from completely crossing over the truth.

"That still dosen't explain why you look like hell and Dathan here merely has a scratch on his forehead." He pointed out.

"Were the two of you fighting in that vehicle?" His mother asked. I turned my attention to the blonde woman standing by Dathan's side now. She rubbed his back her lips frowning in disappointment. She looked so much older, almost as if she could be his grandmother. Nevertheless, the woman had aged well.

"Yes, I lost my temper and I was the one to push him. I know I shouldn't have." I confessed.

Dathan's father arched a brow and turned to look at his son, completely disregarding my confession

"Tell me, is this woman your lover, is that why the two of you were fighting?" He asked him.

Dathan shook his head, his voice somewhere in the pit of his stomach since he couldn't muster up the courage to speak yet. "I assure you that we are not, I suffered an accident and he was being kind enough to make sure that I got home safely. In the mist of things we somehow ended up disagreeing on my health, he said something along the line "No one talks to me that way and get's away with it". I lost my temper and...I shoved him, the car steered out of control. It was all my fault." I said.

"You are covering something, and I will get to the bottom of it. Rest assure, Dathan, that if I find out what it is...you will surely regret it." He said.

He turned on one heel and marched out of the room with his wife trailing behind him. Mrs. Heart turned over her shoulder to press a kiss onto her fingers as a gesture of pity for her son. When the door closed, he let out a relived sigh and turned to look at me.

"You didn't have to do that." He said.

"Wow, I thought maybe your voice box had completely evaporated." I remarked.

"And here we go again with the smart combats, can you please try to have a decent conversation with me without having to be a complete ass?" He asked.

I stared at Dathan for a long time, not pondering his words but feeling completely amazed at the fact that I had dreamt this man over and over again for the past few years and here he was. He was different of course, although he looked the same. He was much more compassionate than the man I dreamt about. The Dathan in my dreams was head strong, passionate, and temperamental. Although, I had to give it to this Dathan, his temper was much the same.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." I honestly replied. I had never been this snotty before but being around him made a switch flip inside me. I felt I needed to challenge him in order to prove that I was not weak.

"Why did you fess up and why didn't you tell my dad the whole truth?" He asked.

"Look, let's just say we are even, you wrecked my leg and I wrecked your car." I said.