-2.7 eighties night

Start from the beginning

"Child labor? Bold move," comments Amanda before Daniel could say anything. "It's crazy that no one's ever thought of it. Ten more minutes of training, okay?"

Alex looked between the two, wide-eyed. Even though they weren't openly fighting, the tension between the couple was unbearable. She cleared her throat, letting them know that she was still there, "Well, I'm going to go say hi to some of my friends. It was, uh, nice to see you Mr. L."

"You too, Alex."

Alex then awkwardly waved to the pair then jogged over to the car that Robby and Sam were waxing. The two teens perked up at the sight of their friend, Robby being the first to pull the smaller girl into a hug. Alex grinned, hugging the boy back. After a moment, she pulled back and pulled Sam into an even tighter hug. Mya gave Alex a narrowed look from a nearby car, quick enough to go unnoticed by everyone but Alex. Alex felt her stomach do a few uneasy flips.

"You don't know how good it is to see you," smiled Sam, brightly. She waved Chris, Noah and Demetri over, the two also giving Alex hug. At this, Alex forget all about Mya and grinned yet again. "It feels like it's been forever. And I heard about you and Miguel— I've honestly been waiting for this to happen and I am so happy for you."

"Yeah you'd think it would be awkward for either me or Sam to say this, but you guys are honestly a power couple," adds Noah. Demetri, Chris, and Robby share impressed looks from where they stood. They knew that Sam was fine with Alex and Miguel dating, seeing as Alex had made sure it was okay long before they ever made it official. However, they weren't as confident that Noah was going to act so cool. He must be a really good actor, considering the fact that he had been talking about Alex and Miguel all week, and had cried quite a few times to Chris about it. It was safe to say that a friendship between Miguel and Noah wasn't going to happen any time soon, because there was definitely some bad blood there, at least on Noah's end. Noah sent Alex a wide smile, "And that thing at the mall the other day? Absolutely adorable."

"Right!" agreed Sam. "And it was such a power move for you to ask him out I stead of it being the other way around."

"Yeah, I'm happy for you, Alex," said Robby, slinging his arm over her shoulder in a friendly way. Alex didn't fail to notice that his other hand was tightly intertwined with Sam's, making her grin. Talk about power couple, she thought.

"Aw, thanks guys. So, uh, do you guys wanna tell me why you're here waxing the cars and not learning karate?" she questions with a pointed look. Chris, Noah, and Demetri shrugged, just figuring that it was part of their training and not questioning it. Sam sighed, looking over at her parents with a frown.

"Long story."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Yellow is definitely your color," compliments Tory after giving Alex's outfit a once-over. Alex had used one of her old costumes, which still fit her because she hasn't grown at all since seventh grade. It had a yellow checkered skirt and coat, with a bright yellow T-shirt underneath. She'd brought her own roller skates, which happened to actually be rollerblades. They'd worked out surprisingly well because they were yellow and black, which was a lucky coincidence.

"Thanks," grinned Alex. Miguel skated up behind her, coming back from the bathroom. He grabbed her by the waist, picked her up and turned her around to face him, making her let out a squeak in surprise. Sitting her down in front of him, he gives her a quick kiss before intertwining their hands. Tory scrunched her nose up in mock disgust.