☆ Chapter 8 ☆

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so Whitesnake has a personal grudge against me now? That, or Whitesnake is just going around fucking around with random prisoners and chose me to die next." You sighed. Weather's eyes narrowed. Though he said nothing, you could tell that the tall male was growing quite annoyed. Anasui scowled at the female, his eyes cold. "Tch, just give up already. And go fuck yourself instead."

"Hmm..who are you, Y/N's personal bodyguard?" The female stated slowly. "Yea, actually. He is my personal bodyguard. He even got arrested so he can join me in prison and guard me here." You stated, giving a satisfied nod. "Yea. I'll tear you apart if you try anything." Anasui sneered.

"Whatever..I guess I should introduce myself..I am Freya Dion. And I will be making sure that Y/N L/N will be removed from this whole ordeal that Whitesnake has found themselves in. Then, I will eliminate her friends, and kill Jolyne Cujoh." Freya spoke lazily, beginning to climb the tree.

Removed? What did Freya mean by that? You had a feeling it didn't mean 'kill' in this situation..but it didn't matter. You, Weather and Anasui could easily take her on.

"You're stupid." You stated. "This is a three on one. Plus, if your stand is that tree..I really think you're just being cocky..hmm.." You then yawned. Weather looked over at you, and he quietly let out a small inhale of shock. Suddenly, it seemed like you were exhausted. Looking over at Anasui, he could see that the pink haired male was going through similar effects.

"I don't need to fight you. The effects of my Mango Tree has already begun. Consider yourself lucky, Y/N L/N..in this tale, you get to be the sleeping beauty while I eliminate the others..maybe I should take a nap first.."

You slumped down onto the ground, your head landing on Weather's chest as he too fell down. You weakly lifted your hand up. "I..wa..want my..dollar back.." You gasped out, seeing Freya staring down at you, before you succumbed to exhaustion.

•••

"Wake up, Y/N..it's time to get up."

A soft and tender voice whispered softly to you. 

"Noo..six more minutes and I'll be up.."

You felt a poke on your shoulder.

"I said get up. Today's a special day."

You slowly opened your eyes, only to be met face to face with a woman. The woman was much like a mirror, except older. She bore a gentle yet sweet smile. 

The woman looking at you was your mother.

You backed away slightly. "So..you finally show up. Finally decided to get your ass over to the prison after you promised me you'd bail me out.."

Your mother looked rather confused. "I think you might've hit your head. Come on..it's your uncle's birthday, and I've made cake to celebrate. He'll be here in five minutes, sweetheart." She stated, giving you a hug.

She was most definitely real..you felt the hug. But your mother..she killed your uncle. Was it all just some dream? Maybe it was..maybe Jolyne, Ermes, Foo Fighters, Weather, Anasui and Emporio were all just imaginary. You huffed. "Ha, well, at least I get free cake. Hopefully it doesn't taste like shit like the last cake did..or..I don't even know if that cake is real anymore." You got up, leaving your room. 

You walked down the stairs, only to be greeted by a strong force colliding with you and pulling you into a tight embrace. "Well, if it isn't my favorite niece!" Your uncle exclaimed with a large smile. You merely stood there, shocked. Your uncle was alive and well. And he was happy, unlike the last few months in his life..or..was it his life in your dream?

"Well, are you gonna greet me back?"

You looked at your uncle, the man simply smiling. "Yea..happy birthday man." You then patted his back, looking around as your mom carried the cake in. 

"Get the fuck outta my way, I have cake and I'm blaming you all if I drop it!" Your mom grinned lightly. Did your mom get drunk? This was..so unlike how she had been in that weird dream..

This seemed so unreal to you, yet at the same time..

This felt like a paradise to you. A rare genuine smile formed upon your lips.

You looked out of the window, seeing a male with long pink hair running around on the street, his eyes immediately spotting you. He seemed familiar but..

as he began to frantically wave his arms, you turned away. You didn't care who he was..even if it seemed as though he came from a distant memory.

You turned to your mother. It looked like she was talking to you, but you couldn't hear what she was saying. 

"-ks Y/N."

Suddenly, you could hear her again.

"Thanks for what?" You asked.

But there was yet again silence. Instead, there was a soft static noise blocking out your mother's next words. 

You would've questioned it..but something was holding you back.

And..maybe it was best that you didn't ask any questions.

Maybe you did bump your head after all.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Here we go! Part 1 of the Mango Tree arc has been completed! Y/N is currently under the effects of Mango Tree..but perhaps it is working a bit too well?

I will explain Mango Tree's ability next chapter, as there will be 2 parts to the Mango Tree arc.

And we will get to see a bit deeper into Y/N's character.

As stated earlier, not everything is as it seems with Y/N :)