☆ chapter seven ☆

Today was the day of the first task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Soleil had woken up a little late, there hadn't been any classes today due to the tournament. She took a quick shower, putting her hair into two Dutch braids on the top of her head. She applied some makeup, her lucky necklace, and a ring or two.

She put on a long-sleeved maroon shirt with a pair of black ripped jeans. Not usually her go-to house colors, but today, she was rooting for the famous Gryffindor who had been chosen for the tournament.

She wrapped a yellow flannel around her waist; it was a little damp outside and she was already cold just sitting in her dorm. She lays her Ravenclaw robe over her arm, carrying it out of her room. She went down the dormitories stairs into the common room when she sees Iris.

"Am I seeing things or did you switch houses?" Iris looks Soleil up and down, gesturing to her outfit choice. Soleil chuckles and replies, "Harry is the only champion I really know well enough, so I'm going to cheer him on." Iris just shakes her head, smiling, "That...or are you trying to get closer to Neville?" She teases.

Soleil shoves her arm before saying, "Oh, be quiet. We're just friends, I actually read to him the other day." They step out of their common room, walking through the corridors towards the Great Hall for breakfast.

"You read to him? Wow...very attractive..." Iris replies sarcastically. Soleil just rolls her eyes and says, "I wasn't trying to be attractive, he had never heard of Shakespeare, so I read Neville some of his greatest works."

They turn the corner, glancing out into the courtyard. "Tell me, did you read Romeo and Juliet?" Iris asks hintingly. Soleil turns red, a smile sneaking onto her face. "Oh my god, you were so flirting!" Iris exclaims.

"Okay, maybe I was, but he definitely wasn't flirting back, so it doesn't even matter..." Soleil looks down, signaling Iris to drop the subject.

Was what she and Neville did in the library considered flirting? When he had said that she had a 'good story-telling voice', or when he rested his head on her own? Is that normal for friends? Soleil, frustrated, let out a sigh as they walked into the Great Hall. They sat down at the Ravenclaw table, picking out some breakfast and setting it on their plates. As she began to eat her piece of toast, Soleil feels a small tap on her shoulder. She turns and looks up to see Neville towering over her, a smile on his face.

"Nice outfit choice, Soleil! Very 'Gryffindor'. " He chuckles. Soleil couldn't help but smile proudly. "Thanks, I decided if I'm going to watch the challenges, I should at least be cheering someone on!"

He laughs and rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "Well, if you want to sit with me at the challenge, you can...I mean...other people will be there too! Yeah, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, the twins, Dean, the whole lot! You can bring Iris and Ezra too if you'd like!"

Soleil smiles at his awkwardness. She simply replies, "I'd love to, Neville." He visibly relaxes, letting out a sigh of relief. "Great! I'll see you at the field." He says before walking away, a smile creeping onto his face.

Soleil looks over to Iris who has a huge grin on her face. "Shut up, Trelawney..." Soleil mumbles under her breath, a smile tugging on the corner of her lips.

ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

Soleil, Ezra, and Iris made their way up to the stands surrounding the gravel pit where the first task would be performed. "I heard that it's dragons. The champions have to fight them or something." Ezra says to the girls, following them up the stairs that led to the top row of the stands.

"Don't be silly, Ezra. Dragons are far too dangerous for teenagers to be fighting. Dumbledore wouldn't put any student in harm's way." Iris remarks, before hearing a loud roar coming from the pit. "Oh dear god..." She mumbles. Ezra flicks his eyebrow up boastingly when Iris elbows him in the chest.

"At least they have chains holding them down..." Soleil mumbles, before looking around to find Neville and his friends. She smiles when she sees Neville waving his arm a couple of rows down from the three. "I found Neville, come on," Soleil says. Ezra makes some juvenile kissing noises before following the girls.

"Hey, Soleil!" Neville greets when Soleil comes over. Soleil opens her mouth to respond, but is cut off by two redheaded boys saying in unison, "Well, hello, beautiful!" The twins stand in front of Soleil with dopey grins on their faces, blocking her path to her seat next to Neville.

"Oh, uh, hello, boys. Excuse me..." Soleil says, before gently pushing in between the twins to go to her seat.

The two watch Soleil walk over to Neville before George yells, "You were right, Neville!" Fred finishes George's sentence, "She is polite!" The two snicker.

Soleil chuckles as she sits down next to Neville. "Talking about me, huh, Longbottom?" She teases, looking around to find where Iris and Ezra went. Iris was bickering with the twins while Ezra sat down next to Dean and Hermione.

"I have no clue what those two are going on about..." Neville mumbles while sending a death glare in the twins' direction. Soleil just laughs and puts her attention on the pit as she sees Viktor Krum step out into the center. Everyone begins to cheer.

Soleil notices some girls screaming with excitement over Viktor. "Jeez, those girls need to calm down, he's not even that attractive..." Soleil mumbles. Neville smiles to himself but keeps his eyes on Viktor.

All three champions complete their task no problem, then out walks Harry into the pit. "Come on, Harry! You got this!" Neville yells standing up, like all of the other Gryffindors. Soleil stands, as well, cheering for Harry.

Harry sees the golden egg sitting alone; he makes a run for it but the dragon appears. He is forced to retreat behind a rock as the dragon spits fire toward him. Harry stumbles and falls around the arena.

Soleil hears Hermione yell from the row behind her, "Your wand harry! Your wand!" She sounded so worried, Soleil thought.

Harry summons a broom. He jumps on and flies off, drawing near the school. The dragon breaks out of the chain that was containing it to the stadium, following Harry towards the castle.

Soleil gasps, similar to everyone else in the arena. There are moments of silence, distant fighting, and flying can be heard. "Oh, god..." Soleil mumbles under her breathe after a few moments of silence. Neville looks over to her and says, "No, it's okay. It's Harry Potter." He looks over to the castle. "He has to be alright."

Suddenly, Harry flies out from behind the stadium. The crowd erupts with cheers and applause. Neville laughs with excitement as Soleil lets out a sigh of relief. Neville bumps her on the shoulder. "Told you..." A smirk creeps onto his face. "Oh, be quiet," Soleil replies. She can feel the heat rising to her cheeks just as Harry swoops up the golden egg.

Word Count: 1219

A bit of a longer chapter to make up for the publishing gap. I'm also a sucker for the twins, so that's why they're there lol