Chapter 7

Zemo was laid on the couch with a towel across his face while Sam sat on the other side of the room typing on his laptop. Lizzie busied herself, as she listened to their conversation about the serum. She was surprised when Sam said he wouldn't have taken the serum, had it been offered to him. Listening to Zemo talk, he was not a super soldier fan. She really needed to find out the whole story about him. She turned when she heard him say.

"Super soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

"Isn't that how Gods talk?" There was a pause between the two men. "And if that's how you feel, what about Bucky?" Zemo remained quiet.

So many questions raced through Lizzie's head. If he thought that about super soldiers, what about her? What if he decided that Bucky shouldn't exist either? What if he tried to come after them when they had finished with Karli? She would never let anyone harm Bucky. He was her family now and no one was going to take him away from her. She would fight to the death for that man. Her thoughts also turned to her grandfather, he was still alive, she wouldn't let any harm come to him either.

The doors opened and Bucky came in, he yanked his jacket off. His face was stone cold serious. "Somethings not right about Walker."

"You don't say." Says Sam.

Lizzie watches as Bucky opens the cupboard and takes out the whisky and a glass, he looks at her and offers her the glass, she shakes her head.

"Well, I know I'm crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy."

"Can't argue with that." adds Sam

"Shouldn't have given him the shield."

"I didn't give him the shield."

"Well, Steve definitely didn't."

Lizzie glazed between the two. She felt a little responsible for the shield thing, she should have taken Nick's offer, that way the shield would have been with them. At that moment, the door bursts open and John and Lemar come in.

"All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn him over."

Lizzie chuckled slightly at John's almost affirmative tone; it was only spoilt by the way he stood like an angry toddler. Was this guy for real she wondered? Sam was right; he really was running his mouth in the wrong room. He told Sam he would put the shield down to make it fair and lent it against one of the pillars. Bucky held his arm out to stop Lizzie from going over and taking it. She glanced at him and he shook his head.

With that a spear landed in the pillar, Lizzie turned and saw the woman who had thrown it standing in the doorway. Bucky turned towards her. He whispered. "No matter what, stay out of this one."

She didn't have time to answer before he turned back. She watched as two more women entered the room, one spoke to Bucky in a language Lizzie did not understand, but he seemed too. John tried to do his whole, I'm Captain America thing, but the women looked as unimpressed as Lizzie was about that statement.

"Hey, John, take it easy. You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje." said Sam.

So these are the people Bucky spoke of earlier, she was catching up, but only slightly.

"The Dora Milaje, have no jurisdiction here." said John, rounding on the one doing the talking.

"The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be." Answer one of the women straight away.

Lizzie liked this woman, she was about to move, when Walker placed his hand on her, and she sent him flying into the spear behind him. John got to his feet as quickly as he could and picked the shield back up. He and Lemar began throwing their weight around like bulls in a china shop, they looked ridiculous going up against these women. Lizzie was quite happy to watch them get their arses kicked. Bucky gave her a wink when she turned to him and nodded towards the other side of the room where Sam stood.