Chapter 5- You want a miracle

The next day, when Ozumi wakes up, she's emptier than she was the day before. Today they were bound to meet, she made sure all the plans went according to her agenda. All the rest, the sorrows and the pain, she leaves it behind in her temporary room in the cabin.

After getting ready and stepping to the common area, her demeanor changes. She walks with the confidence she had perfected over the years.

The child was removed from John's root shackles after their plan failed. The first phase of the emergency plan wasn't as successful as expected, and in the meantime, Francis is losing his cool. Ozumi has to keep her group in check in order to prevent the panic among them.

The Guild's reputation falls with every loss to the Detective Agency and the previous day was no exception. Before John and Howard can stunt and paralyze for the lack of instruction, Ozumi rises to the occasion and grabs them with an authoritative grip no one can escape. Even with strained relationships, the two combatants would pledge to Ozumi's plan due to the absence of other options or orders from Francis. She is their best chance at winning.

Hours pass and the sun is high in the clear sky. restless energy is starting to settle among the group. Some want to leave, defending that their purpose in that place is no longer. Some want to evade the Detective Agency when they are vulnerable.

To Ozumi, all these supposed solutions are idiotic. Why escape now or try and attack when she knows they will come to them freely. When what they hold, or what their enemies think they hold, is too precious for them to pass on. An obvious trap, just as obvious as the trap the Guild itself fell for before, for the exact same reason. They want to retrieve the child and as long as they believe her location is a cabin in the woods, that is exactly where they will go.

They think the Guild should be in a weakened state, but Ozumi's forces will prove the contrary.

"Why should I even listen to you?" John glares at her. "Last time you tried to take control of the situation, you were more than happy to hurt me, even though we are on the same side. I happen to not follow people I don't trust."

A smug smile breaks Ozumi's expression as she speaks.

"Let me explain to you what is happening at this exact moment with the Port Mafia and Detective Agency," her gaze skims between Howard, John and all the men behind them, no longer hidden in the bushes of the exterior. "A meeting was arranged, at a very public space between the two organizations. They will quarrel and argue for a few minutes, it is basically tradition between them. However, despite their disagreements, they have one thing in common. They desire the Guild gone from Yokohama. Retrieve their biggest threat, that pester of a child, is only the first step. Their methods diverge and they will not come to an agreement, however the Port Mafia will send us a gift. Meanwhile, here we are, ready to run away. Not trusting each other. In alert due to the fact that one might betray the other."

"Can you blame us?" John mutters.

Ozumi raises her hand to her heart and slightly bows to both the men. To all the armed agents in front of her. Her eyes are honest and her words honeyed.

"Trust me with your lives and I shall lead us to victory."

It takes a few seconds, Ozumi's fingers start to twitch, but finally, they nod in agreement.

"For now, all we have to do is wait."

***

The roles are assigned. Communication is not a problem for Ozumi, she tells no lies, but she might occult some parts of the truth. With careful choice of words, she ellabores a speech and reasonable reasons for them to follow. As long as her orders are obeyed, there will be no problem. Ozumi won't blame anyone who wants to run, to hide, to give up. But don't blame her for what she might do in that situation.