New Song

Loren POV

I'm recording today! This is only my second time in the studio and since the buzz on my video was so good, Kelly wants to jump right into it. This is so exciting and nerve wrecking. Everything is going so fast and I feel like I'm moving a million miles per second but I'm so grateful that Eddie had been here for me every step of the way.

There's this song that I wrote I little while ago that I think will be really really good on my album. It kind if was created because of Adam and Mel to be honest. Those two took so long to tell each other how they feel and I guess they inspired me for it. I wrote it around the time of the dance that Mel tried to get Adam to go with me.

I showed it to Eddie the other day when we got back to his house after the club. He thought it was really good. "It's the next best hit by Loren Tate" he said.

I'm excited! I want to surprise Kelly with it and hopefully she loves it.

As I drive to the studio, I play the lyrics over and over in my head. Did I forget to mention that Jake was going to be there? Yeah I'm more nervous about that than anything else.

As I pull into the studio and walk in, Eddie is waiting for me.

"There you are. Are you ready?" Eddie greeted me.

"Hey! Yeah, yeah, sure I'm ready." I said while twisting my hand nervously.

He laughs as he grabs my hands. "Relax, you'll be fine. The song is amazing!" he reassures me.

He grabs my hand and leads me to the studio. When we walked in Kelly and the producers are ready to go, but Jake wasn't there yet.

Kelly comes up to me with her usual smile and hug. "Hey girl, you ready? I'm excited to hear this top secret song.

"You're in for a treat; the song it amazing!" Eddie states.

"I don't know if I should be jealous or not that you let Eddie hear this before me, Loren. I mean come on your awesome and favorite manager or Eddie Duran?" Kelly teased me.

I let out a giggle and saw Eddie smile a little. It made my stomach feel all tingly.

"I'm sorry, Kelly. You're right! I can't believe I told Eddie Duran, rock star, over my super awesome manager! I wasn't thinking, sorry, Kel." Loren joked back.

"Hey! Should I be insulted here?! Cause I sure feel it" Eddie joined into the ruse.

"Yeah, you should be." Loren shot back.

"That's it!" Eddie said as he grabbed her sides and started tickling.

Loren was laughing so hard and telling Eddie to stop. She had tears coming out of her eyes from laughing so much.

"Say 'Eddie Duran is the most awesome rock star you've ever known'" he demands.

"Ok, ok! Eddie Duran is the most awesome rock star I've ever known" Loren says back.

Eddie let's go finally while Loren catches her breathe.

Jake walks in finally and says "Whoa, whoa. I don't see any work going on here."

"We were waiting on you, Jake." Kelly replies back.

"Ok, well I'm here now. Let's hear this awesome song we heard so much about" Jake says.

Loren nods and walks into the sound booth. She walk to the piano and sits down. She takes a breathe and starts.

The sun is filling up the room

And I can hear you dreaming

Do you feel the way I do right now?

I wish we would just give up

Cause the best part is falling

Call it anything but love

And I will make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And please don't stand so close to me

I'm having trouble breathing

I'm afraid of what you'll see right now

I give you everything I am

All my broken heart beats

Until I know you understand

And I will make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And I keep waiting

For you to take me

You keep waiting

To save what we have

So I'll make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

Make sure to keep my distance

Say "I love you" when you're not listening

How long til we call this love, love, love?

I finished the final note and opened my eyes.

Applause broke out. I looked at Kelly and Jake and they were beaming and clapping. I finally looked at Eddie and he had this huge grin on his face. That was all I needed. I knew I did great because Eddie looked at me like he was so proud.

Eddie comes into the booth picks me up and spins me around.

"I'm so proud of you! You did great! Jake loved it too" he whispers the last part.

"That was amazing, Loren! It's another Mars." Kelly says as she give me her signature hug.

"You're making a great start, Loren. That song might be even better than your first!" Jake added his input.

"Oh, thanks so much you guys. That means so much!" I thank them.

"Well that's it for the day, so you can go do whatever. I'll call you soon to hear the final mix of the song." Kelly tells me.

"Ok, sounds good." I say.

We all leave the booth and grab our stuff. Eddie grabs my hand and walks me to my car.

"You did great today. I want to celebrate so how about we go out to dinner tonight." Eddie asks.

"Ok, but now it's my turn to show you a place." I say with a laugh.

"Oh, you gonna surprise me, Loren Tate?" Eddie teases as he takes a step closer.

"Yup, you'll love this place. Trust me. Plus I'm full of surprises." I tease back with confidence.

"Oh, are you now?" he says right before he brings his lips to mine.

I kiss him back with passion. I wrap my arms around his neck and get butterflies in my stomach. I pull back for air. He plants two more kisses on my neck before pulling away.

"I'll pick you up at 7:30" he says.

"Ok." I go to open my door but turn around and say "Oh and go home and write some more hits, will you. Don't need Jake on my back telling me that I'm pulling you away from work"

He laughs "Don't worry, I've been given a lot of inspiration lately."

And with that he walks away with a smile as he sees me blush.

Damn rock star, is making it hard to resist him.