"I want him here now," I order him and he nods in fear. Everyone turns to me and a woman dressed in ragged clothes scrunches her nose in disgust. I ignore her unless she does it again, then I might just throw her out.

"What if he refuses?" He asks.

"He won't."

I wouldn't refuse if I were in his place, considering the consequences.

I wait for several minutes before I start to get bored. A second later — which feels like eternity — the guard comes back with a nervous look on his face.

"He refused," he speaks softly as he bents to be on the same eye-level as me.

I steadily stand up and now I'm the one looking down at him.

"I don't care. Do what you have to do to make him come."

"But-"

I sit back down and he stops talking, he leaves again.

I look at my watch to check the time. 4:23 pm already. I have to be home by 8 pm and I cannot waste all my time on this idiot. Why is he refusing all the visits?

Is he refusing Shanice and Dominic's visits? I need to talk to them. They must know something else.

Or perhaps Derek is an idiot who is changed by the prison.

The prison does make you worse, if you weren't a criminal before, you would surely be by the time you get out.

The security guards come back without Derek and I smash my hands on the table, but then I quickly compose myself.

I never fail.

How can he be so idiotic to take the precarious consequences rather than see me?

Jesus Christ, what does Veronica see him?

I stand up and walk to the guard, I hover over him and I whisper decisively in his ear, "one-week solitary confinement."

He nods but is still visibly flustered from being so near me.

I wait again, this time I'm going to lash out at Derek for making me wait. I instantly regret trying to help Veronica. She needs to forget this idiot.

Someone with cuffed hands appears in front of the inmates' entrance and a guard is guiding him to the unkept woman.

The inmate looks at me and I wink. He smirks and I look over my shoulder at that woman.

She is fuming.

I get distracted by the door, again.

The security guard comes alone.

I close my eyes and I exhale deeply, annoyed. I compose myself and I look around me.

"I'm so sorry," he apologizes and I roll my eyes. He is cute but sadly very submissive.

"What did he say?" I ask patiently.