Chapter 34 || Lagos

Start from the beginning

She looks at me, then says, "What?" into comms.

"He's not hitting the police," Steve says and I grab Wanda's hand, tugging her outside.

We run and I superspeed us to the truck, only to see the driver dive out and the truck to ram into the entrance, breaking any barrier in front.

Big yellow trucks follow suit, pulling in. The second I see Hydra agents jump out I grab Wanda and speed us behind a wall, my body shielding her as bullets start to fly. I press her up against the concrete wall, closing my eyes to await impact as my back faces outwards, my entire frame covering her small one.

When nothing hits me I turn to look at the scene unravel. Agents shoot some kind of gas bombs into the windows of the IFID Headquarters before marching their way inside. Steve makes his way in, using his shield to protect himself as he fights agents off.

"Body armor, AR-15s. I make 7 hostiles," Steve says and I see Sam landing to attack others. Wanda and I look at one another before I pull her into a kiss.

"Don't get killed," she says and I nod, "same to you."

We fly upwards and head to the scene ourselves.

"I make 5," Sam says.

Wanda lands in front of me, using her powers to trap a guy in place.

"Y/N," she says and tosses him my way. I superspeed over to him and close-line him so he launches forward and knocks out.

"Four," I say.

"Rumlow's on the third floor!" Sam shouts to all of us. Steve approaches and points at Wanda.

"Wanda, just like we practiced."

She looks at the building, "What about the gas?"

"Get it out," He says and Wanda kicks into gear, hands glowing with energy as she lifts Steve and glides him into the building.

Wanda and I work together to pull the gas out, swirling it upwards to the sky, away from any civilians. Sam protects our backs from any agents shooting and we keep pulling the gas out.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon," Steve says into comms.

"I'm on it," Nat responds. I can hear agents grunting and crying out in pain on her end, only making me smirk in pride.

"Thatta girl, Romanoff."

I hear her starting to struggle, "Nat? What's going on?"

Nothing. All I hear is her fighting, then Rumlow shouting, "I don't work like that no more!" Then a clanging noise.

"Nat! Do you copy?" I try again.

Wanda turns to me, "Just go. Go get her."

I nod and start to run to where Nat is. I use my watch to locate her and see a truck. I hear people being beat up. I super speed over and rip the back door off just as an explosion goes off.

I see Nat briefly and grab her, speeding us away as quickly as I can but the blast still hits us, sending us launching a few feet until we hit the ground.

Groaning, I roll over onto my back and sigh, "thought we said no getting ourselves killed?"

She chuckles and stands, reaching a hand to pull me to my feet.

"I told you not to. Never said anything about me. Thanks for saving my ass though. Almost got barbecued." She pats my arm and winks before we hear Steve saying that Rumlow's in an AFV heading north.

"Let's go," I say and reach my hand out.

She accepts and I grab her, then speed us off to follow Rumlow. Nat goes off alone, grabbing a motorcycle to follow the agents running off.