Chapter 13 || Should I Be Scared?

Your POV

I sit by Wanda's bedside, waiting until she wakes up. Dr. Cho did a good job, she said now we just wait for her to open her eyes. And I want to be here when she does.

"So you gonna tell me what's going on with you and Little Witch?" Tony comes into the room to check Wanda's vitals and I just raise an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean?"

He doesn't turn around, I just see his shoulders rise and fall, a short laugh coming out of his mouth.

"You're really going to play dumb and pretend like you don't have the hots for her? Anyone with eyes can see the chemistry between you two."

My eyes fall on the red haired witch beside me and I crack a small smile. My shoulders shrug up and down as I help Tony check the wound and change the bandage.

"I don't know. She's just...different."

"Different. That the same with Natasha?"

Now I snap my head up to look at him, "I-what? Nat?"

His laugh is louder now, he's clearly amused at my own obliviousness.

"You got a lot to figure out kid."

He sighs as he sits in a chair across from me, looking at me intently. I scrunch my face up and quirk up an eyebrow, "okay creeper, What's with the staring?"

"Just happy you're here. Mom and Dad would be proud of you."

I'll admit that almost made me tear up but knowing my brother, I know he'd only mock me so I smirk, "oh yeah? I guess they'd be proud of you too, Iron Man."

He smiles and stands up, taking one last look at Wanda before leaving the room,

"When she wakes up tell her to get dressed. We have a party to attend to."

I look up at him, "A what? Why a party?"

"Gotta celebrate my little sis' first mission as an Avenger, right?"

He pats my shoulder and leaves the room.

I chuckle with a shake of my head and sit back down in the chair to grab hold of Wanda's hand.

"I'm sorry. I should've protected you. You got hurt because of me."

I rest my head on her arm and close my eyes, breathing deeply to avoid crying anymore than I have in the last 2 days.

"You know, this whole blaming yourself thing is getting on my nerves."

I shoot my head up and am met with green eyes, teasingly smirking back at me.

My lips curl up into a wide grin until I start laughing, pulling her hand up to my lips and kissing it. She opens her hand and slides it onto my cheek, "You're dramatic. It was just a head injury, I'm fine."

My hand lands on top of hers on my cheek and I close my eyes, letting the feeling of her touch take me over and calm my nerves of everything and anything. She slides her hand to the back of my neck and meets my gaze once again.

"I'm sorry we didn't find Rumlow."

I sigh and shrug, "me too. But we will...I'm sorry I went against your wishes. But I deserved to be on that mission. I can protect myself."

Wanda nods with furrowed eyebrows, "I know you can. I just get worried. After last night-" "can we not talk about last night? Please. It was just a nightmare. That's all."

"Okay. Fine."

She sits up and I go to stop her but she laughs, "Y/N, I'm fine. Can we get food now? I'm starving."

"Actually, Tony mentioned something about a party? Says it's to celebrate my first mission as an Avenger."

I can see her holding back her laughter as she stands up, "Stark and his parties."

I follow her out of the room with curiosity, "should I be scared?"

With a shrug, she turns her head to grin mischievously at me, "It's a Stark party. What's there to be scared of? He's your brother after all." She disappears down the hall and I can only shout, "That's the scary part!" after her.

Stark party...yeah, definitely worrisome.