[XVII]_night_city_kids_17

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[TW: Transphobia, Drug Abuse, Self Harm, and Attempted Suicide will be present within this chapter. Do not continue reading this chapter if you are uncomfortable. This chapter is really only backstory/flashbacks of V when she was younger so feel free to skip. Stay safe, love you all, you all are valid and are loved, never forget that♡]
-----
Cyberpyschosis.
Pyscho syndrome.
Fancy talk for sayin the tech in your body is fuckin up your head. Sooner or later, your mind will turn to mush, leaving you unable to distingush the line between dream and reality as you carve away into the flesh and bones of all those who stand before you. It was clear as day V was a cyberpsycho, question was how long until she went past the point of no return?
----

"You could spend every day living beneath the sun, basking in its glorious warmth here, Vincent!"

"And die of skin cancer? I'm fine, thanks."

"Why Night City, though? I...I still don't get it? Why leave the comforts of Atlanta for a place across the country where you're a nobody? At least here, you're somebody."

"Yeah, a wanted man and I'm not. I'm seen here for everything I'm not. Night City'll give me a fresh start, let me become who I wanna be." He sighed as he looked at me. I finished packing my bags, setting the luggage into the trunk of my Thorton.

"You'll never be a woman, you understand that right?" I inhailed sharply as I turned towards the towering figure infront of me.

"Fuck you, Dad." He chuckled as his mechanical fingertips brushed the thick folicals of his unevenly grown beard. I stared into his grey eyes, the only natural organ left in his body.

"You are just a child-"

"I'll manage just fine. Not like yall give a damn whether I flatline or not." My father chuckled once more, this time placing his metallic hand on my shoulder.

"I see the merc spirit within you. A killer's soul in your body and a fool's blood in your veins. Night City will prey upon you, swallowing you whole." He said nothing more as he left, heading for the strip club across the street. I was 14 years old when I left Atlanta. Didn't even have my license but I knew how to drive and that was all I needed to get as far away as I could. Away from my family. Far, far away. A family that turned away from their own kin for being different. More specifically, my father. With nothing more than a few weeks of clothes, my trusty pistol along with some ammo, and sheer determination, I sped down the open roads, never looking back.
----
Night City, California. The city of dreams, they say. A land forgotten by gods, a wasteland's paradise, a sinner's wetdream. My home. Arriving to the city, not an eddie to my name, I wandered the streets, looking for a quick meal. Haven't had a hot meal since leaving Georgia several days ago and I was famished. Finding a half eaten burrito besides a lotto vending machine tasted almost heaven sent when you're scavenging for food. Foriegn meats, cheeses, and beans entered my stomach and I was satisfied. For now, at the least. Survival at all costs, pride never matter anyways.
----
Homeless in a foriegn city. Taking refugee in a run-down apartment building, home to dozens of other homeless civillians. I was welcomed with open arms, shockingly. A tall, dark toned man missing his left eye offered me a spot besides him. I could tell the man was at least 20 years older than me, at the very least, by the dark circles under his eyes and the faint wrinkles of stress drawn across his face.

"What's your name, newcomer?" His voice was quiet yet thick with an accent unheard of to my ears.

"Tess." I just thought of the first name that popped into my head and blurted it out. The older man frowned as he studied me.