𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀

Start from the beginning

Brett scored again. Dax jogged up to Liam, "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Liam grumbled before walking off. 

Dax sighed as he watched Liam walk off.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Liam had the ball and was running down the field with it. He dodged several Devenford Prep players. Dax watched Brett knock Liam off his feet. Having been told by Brett, Dax knew that what he had just done was an illegal move. That and the whistle blew as soon as Brett did it.

Liam pulled off his helmet and glared up at the Talbot boy as he removed his helmet, "What the hell did you do that for?" Liam asked from his spot on the ground.

"'Cause you're afraid. I can smell it on you from across the field," Brett explained, "Are you hurt?" He asked seemingly fed up.

"No," Liam responded.

"Are you still alive?"

"Obviously."

"Then get up."

Liam stood up. Dax jogged over, and as he did so the refferree came over, "You good to play?" he asked. Liam nodded. The refferree turned to Brett, "You planning on pulling something like that again?"

Brett smirked at Dax before looking to Liam, "Only if I have to," Brett winked before jogging off.

"Are you going to open up yet?"

"I don't know if you noticed, but we're in the middle of a game that we're losing."

Dax sighed as Liam jogged away.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Beacon Hills lost the game, unsurprisingly. Dax and Liam were the last two in the locker room. Dax had lost his shoe, and Liam was sat down pitying himself. Usually, Dax would have said something, and talked to the boy, but his shoes were really expensive and he didn't have anything other than his cleates with him.

"You okay?" Brett asked as he leaned against the lockers. Dax looked from his spot on the floor to see Brett talking to Liam. Dax decided to leave them be as he continued to look for his lost shoe.

Liam shrugged, "We lost."

"But you're okay, right?" Brett nodded.

Liam scoffed, "Why'd you do that? Why'd you help me?" Liam looked Brett up and down.

"Because of Scott," Brett shrugged lightly, "Scott saved us. He saved all of us. Do you know how lucky you are?"

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"Scott's a true alpha. That means he didn't get his powers because he was born with it. He didn't get it by stealing or by killing someone. He earned it," Brett explained. A small smirk crossed his lips, "You're not strong just because you can lift a lot of weight now. You're strong because you endure. Satomi calls it strength of character... You're lucky to have him."