"I see you're doing well," the wolf said.

"No thanks you, Fenris. Do you know how hard it is to be stuck in a house for a year with nothing to do but read books?" Luz said with a cold undertone. (Man Luz would have not liked quarantine)

"Do you want to leave?"

"I would like that yes but what's the catch?" After being alone for a year Luz had become a lot more direct when facing someone.

"No catch, all you have to do is walk through that portal behind me," Fenris said without a hint of maliciousness in his voice.

"Why? I thought you said it was going to take years before I was released?" Luz was excited to go home but this might be the last time she could talk to a god and she wanted answers.

"No, I said years could pass and it would only be a second, not that it would take years. And as to why well if you stayed here any longer your soul could get damaged and we wouldn't want that would we?"

"So let me get this straight, you ripped me into a completely different realm with the possibility that my soul could be damaged?" Luz said with a hard tone.

"That pretty much sums it up," Fenris said shamelessly.

"You littl-"

"And off you go, and remember no more chocolate," Fenris said before waving his hand and making the portal engulf Luz entirely. 

In the Boiling Isles

Amity sat by the beside on Luz in the ER, her face hidden behind her hands.

It had been almost 24 hours since Luz had collapsed in the store and Amity hadn't left, an overwhelming sense of guilt an worry forcing her to stay.

Amity didn't know how to contact the Owl Lady to tell her about Luz and she certainly was not going to bring Lillith into this as she would probably use this to make Eda join the Emperor's coven and Amity did not want to see Luz turned into a bargaining chip.

And there was no way she was going to bring her parents into this, they would probably be mad at her for becoming friends with a human girl and make her leave.

 As such she could stay and hope that Luz woke up soon otherwise it would be her in the ER.

"Piece of ****!"

A sudden yell from her right made Amity jump about a foot into the air as Luz sat up and yelled a word Amity never thought she would hear from her mouth.

 And before Amity could say anything she was wrapped up in a bone-crushing hug that seemed to take the very breath out of her. She wasn't sure if it was just the force though that took it out.

"Oh, it's so good to see you again! You have no idea how much I've missed you!"

The already blushing Amity blushed even deeper, discovering multiple new shades of red.

After a few moments to Luz and an eternity to Amity, Luz broke the hug and grabbed Amity's shoulders, "How long was I out?"

"Uh, a day? Yeah, a day and 2 hours."

Luz mumbles something unintelligible under her breath that Amity couldn't quite catch but sounded like, "I'm going to kill him."

Suddenly Luz felt an overwhelming exhaustion wash over her, exhaustion that felt as if she was going to go back to sleep for another day.

"Amity?"

"Yeah Luz?"

"I need to get home, can you help?"

"I guess, what do you need?"

"I need you to grab me a big notepad and a pen."

Amity thought it was a strange request to get home but seeing Luz in this state she just went to grab a paper and pen from the front desk.

It didn't take her long, just a minute or so, but when she got back she could visibly see Luz struggle to stay awake.

"Here."

"Thanks, Amity, now you might want to hold on," Luz said, her hand gliding over the paper.

"What? Why? Onto what?" Amity asked confused.

"Grab my arm and no matter what do not let go."

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh."

"Trust me on this one."

Resigning herself to this fate, Amity used one hand to grab onto Luz.

"Both hands."

Just when Amity put the other hand on Luz placed her hand on the piece of paper and wind rushed past Amity as a powerful suction force threatened to rip her off.

And there's the end of the chapter because I can literally write no more tonight.