40.0

Dear Luke, 

Hey, hopefully it is you finding this because it would be quite awkward if it was like, the school janitor or something. Or if they gave it to another Luke but for some reason he still understood my little riddle. Or if they never gave you my note and whoever they gave this locker to next year found this. If this is the janitor, another Luke that isn't Luke Hemmings or a high school student that also isn't Luke Hemmings, please stop reading now. 

Ok, now that we've got that over with, hello Luke. I hope you're okay and you aren't depressed or you haven't hurt yourself. I really hope that you didn't cry even though you probably did because you cry at everything. You cried at the end of Aladdin but it was okay because it was cute. 

I love you and don't ever think that I did this because I didn't love you. You, really, were the only thing keeping me going but me, being the stupid asshole I am, distanced myself from you so you couldn't give me the love I needed. This is my fault, Lukey, don't ever blame it on yourself. 

If you didn't already know, my parents got divorced because my mum claimed that she didn't love my father anymore. My father's response was to not be mad at my mum, but to blame me for everything. After the blaming came the hitting and the name calling, the encouraging to hurt myself so 'he wouldn't have to do it'. It was so bad Lukey and I really, really wish that I had had the courage to tell someone. 

But lets quit talking about me and talk about you. I love you so much. I'm not saying that as an 'I'm sorry' I love you, I'm saying it as an I'm genuinely in love with everything about you. From your cute laugh to the way you smell, your dimples and the little scar you have right below your bum because you fell off your bike when you were a kid. 

The very first day that I knew that I would fall in love with you was in freshmen year when you found me in the boys washroom, crying over Misty. You hugged me even though we didn't know each other that well and I thought it was adorable. You also told me that my smile was your favorite thing in the world; No one had ever made me feel so happy ever in my life. 

When we played truth or dare at Calum's house and you admitted to having a crush on me, I was very surprised. I thought I was straight and you were confusing me. But what I did know that watching you run out and not talking to you for months after was excruiating. 

Seeing you fall apart was heart wrenching. I talked to my friends about you constantly so when Beth spotted you at the Halloween dance, they all forced me to go over and talk to you. I was glad they did because then I could make you happy, something I had been longing to do for ages. 

When your mum was threatening to send you to America, I really thought I was going to lose you. I kept a tough act up so I could keep your spirits up, but I was so scared. L̶u̶c̶k̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶  Luckily you gave Calum, Ashton and I a little extra time to convince your mum to let you stay. 

I don't want you to be sad that I'm gone. I want you to move on and find an emotionally stable guy who will treat you how you deserve to be treated. Or girl I guess, you never really told me whether you were gay or bisexual. Though, the butt sex we had in Florida said a lot. 

I'm really sorry about my attempts at jokes I just really don't want you to cry while reading this like I am writing it (sorry about all the tears stains on the paper). 

I really, really, really love you Lukey. Please don't mourn me forever and please move on. Tell my mum that I said I love you. Also tell Calum and Ashton that I love them as well. I'm sorry it had to end this way. 

Love always, Michael 

The end 

+

WOW THAT'S THE END THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING AND VOTING. RN THIS IS AT 908K VIEWS AND NEARLY 54K VOTES AND THAT'S LITERALLY SO INSANE I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH <3

and if you didn't like the way i ended it (like from a creative/constructive critism point of view bc i didn't expect anyone to like that michael died) then lmao suck my ass jk ily if you didn't like it then that's your problem and not mine. 

but wAIT, THERE'S MORE. if you decided you liked my writing, i have two other ongoing muke stories called 'loud' and 'afraid' and ya i know i haven't updated them in a while but that's bc i was trying to focus on finishing this. 

ok that's all bye i love you c: