We are the dust of dust, we are the apple of God's eye

Comenzar desde el principio

Kirishima hummed. "I know..." He walked up behind Katsuki and wrapped his arms around his stomach, propped his chin on his shoulder. "You're beautiful."

Katsuki rolled his eyes. "I just woke up一And get fucking dressed. We're going to be late." He sifted through the dresser and pulled on a whatever t-shirt was on top and stripped from the sweats he had on to another pair since they were clean. He pried Kirishima's arms away. "I"m gonna cut your arms off."

He left Kirishima behind in their bedroom and ventured into the kitchen, pulling their shared duffel bag behind him. They had found time in their busy wedding planning schedule to take a weekend off and drive down to their hometown, or Kirishima's seeing as how Katsuki refused to call that place home, with Kaminari and Mina to see Ayami. Jiro had wanted to go, but she needed to work and couldn't get any vacation days.

Right on top of the counter, Mina sat Indian style with a cup of yogurt in her hands and Kaminari had raided them of their mint cookies. Katsuki's favorite kind.

"What the fuck? Are you heathens? Are you spouses not fucking feeding you?"

"I'm very well fed一"

"No fuck you. I don't wanna hear it." Katsuki shook his head. "Is the car unlocked?"

Out of the entire friend group, Kaminari was the only one with a car large enough to seat all of them. When Katsuki first moved into the city, he did have a car for a good while until he started to struggle with bills and had to sell it. Mina also had a car, but she drove around one of those hideous Volkswagen Beetles. It was bright pink. Disgusting. Katsuki would never allow himself to be seen in such a terrible creation. Kirishima, for obvious reasons, lacked a car.

"Sure is." Kaminari tossed him the keys.

.

.

.

Fifteen minutes and one coffee stop later, they finally hit the road and began the nearly twenty hour drive. It felt like the trip they took to the concert, though that wasn't nearly as long as this, plus they're adults now. Semi functioning adults with jobs and lives. It was weird to think about.

Kirishima and Katsuki sat in the back with Riot between them like always.

From the front seat, Mina held her phone up high enough to catch everyone in the camera and said, "Say cheese!" She took the photo before Katsuki had time to react. "I'm sending it to Sero!"

In the original plan, Sero was supposed to tag along, but when standing on a rickety latter trying to spray paint a dragon mural on the side of the local Chinese restaurant per their request, the latter grew top heavy and fell out from underneath him. He landed on his foot wrong and shattered the entire edge of it. Mina told him he could still come if he wanted, they could work around him. Sero declined, saying he wouldn't be comfortable in the car stuck between Kirishima and Katsuki with his foot laid up on the middle console in Kaminari's face. She promised to take a bunch of photos during the trip to keep him in the loop.

"We still scared?" Katsuki asked in a whispered.

"Fucking terrified, man," Kirishima whispered back and laced his fingers with Katsuki's. "It'll be okay, though."

"You guys wanna do anything once we get down there?" Kaminari asked, peering at them through the rear-view mirror.

Kirishima and Katsuki shared a look. "Does Todoroki still live down there?"

"I think so," Mina replied.

"Does his dad own the aquarium still?"

"Probably."