Chapter 6 - Alone With Him

Marinettes pov

Okay, shit. Now I need to text my mom. She'll understand.. right?

Marinette: Hey mama, I have a question.

Mama: Sure! What's up?

Marinette: So, Alya's sleeping over and we decided to get ice cream with Nino and Adrien but it started raining really hard so Adrien and Nino ducked at the house and Ninos going home but Adrien doesn't have a way to get home other than walking and I really don't want to make him walk in the rain so could he please stay over? Nothing weird!!!

Mama: That's fine I suppose, he seems like a respectful young man :)

Marinette: Thank you mama!

"My mom said that it's okay if you stay over" Adrien looked up at me and nodded. "My father said that sleeping over is fine as well surprisingly. He usually says no" I smiled brightly at him. "Well, I guess we got lucky" he nodded and softly smiled. "Hey dudes, I've gotta head out my moms here. But thanks for the hang out, it was fun even with all the rain" we all said bye and Nino walked out of the house and went home. "So what about uh my wet clothes" Adrien mumbled. "Oh, I have some sweats you can borrow! I'm not sure how well they'll fit though.." I lead us all up to my room, then tossed Adrien a pair of sweat pants and the biggest T-shirt I owned. "You can change in the bathroom downstairs" He nodded then walked out of the room closing the hatch behind him. Alya set a heavy box on top of it so we could change without him walking in. We changed into some dry clothes, then I realized I still had his button up.

I put Alya and I's wet clothes in a bag to take them tj the dryer once Adrien was back. "Girl, your crush is sleeping in your house tonight" Alya said with a big bright grin. I turned red and smacked my hands on to my face. "Shut up, Alya!" I said, but it was muffled by my hands. Adrien knocked on the hatch, then I moved the heavy box and let him up. "Uh what should I do with my wet clothes?" He asked holding them in his hands.

"Oh, we can dry them tonight then you could just wear then to school tomorrow if you want?" He nodded and passed them to me. "I'll be right back" I said, then headed down the stairs. Where's he going to sleep? Where's Alya going to sleep? Oh no what if I embarrass myself! Wait... I already have! I forgot to take his pictures off my walls! Shit! I tossed the clothes in the dryer then ran back up stairs, realizing he had already been looking at all the pictures of himself. "I take it you like seeing my face?" He said teasingly with a soft grin. "I- no! Well yes- but no! I like you- I mean fashion! I like fashion and you're hot- I mean a model! You're a fashion model and I'm a designer!" I stumbled out. He smiled softly and nodded. "I'm only teasing, strawberry" Alya was sitting on the chaise watching us in awe.

"Hehe right yeah... Uh okay, so what do we do now?" I asked, sitting on the floor. Adrien sat down next to me then Alya joined us. "I'm not sure" Adrien said, then Alya's phone rang. "Let me take this" she said, standing up and leaving the room. "So I guess we just wait now hehe.." I said. He nodded in agreement and we sat there in awkward silence for a minute or so, until Alya came back. "Hey I'm really sorry but my mom just called me and said that her friend is moving and needs help packing and she was wondering if I could go home and babysit my sister's. If I need to stay I can but-" "no it's okay, go ahead I'll just let my mom know" I interrupted her. "Thanks Mari, you're the best" I stood up and hugged her, then handed her her bag. "I can bring you your clothes that are in the dryer tomorrow" she nodded with a smile then waved bye and headed downstairs to eat for her mom.

"Are you sure your mom will be okay with this?" Adrien asked, I plopped down on the edge of the chaise and pulled out my phone to text her. "Yeah, she likes you. I-I mean not in a weird way-- ugh. What I mean is she thinks you're a nice guy and she trusts you" I stumbled out. He chuckled and nodded "I know what you mean" he said in reply.

Marinette: Hey mom, I'm sorry but Alya had to go babysit her sisters so it's just Adrien and I. If you want me to walk him home or something I can, but it would be nice if he could stay

Mama: That's okay. Adrien can stay. No funny business though, okay? If you do though.. use protection

Marinette: MAMA!!!

Mama: I'm only teasing 😂 have fun :)

Marinette: Thank you, Mama

I turned off my phone and threw it, my face now being bright red. "So.. what happened?" Adrien asked hesitantly. "My freaking Mom has some audacity" I fumed, then groaned heavily in embarrassment. "So am I staying or..?" I nodded in reply. "Then what did she say?" I groaned and pointed at my phone with grabby hands, he grabbed it and passed it to me. I unlocked it, scrolled up at the top of the conversation then handed it to him burying my face in my hands. He finished scrolling the messages and chuckled, his face was also red now. "You aren't kidding, she does have some audacity" I nodded then fell back groaning heavily.