04

CHAPTER FOUR ;
OBLIVION

I had become familiar with the blanket of darkness that would cover me every once in a while

I had become familiar with the blanket of darkness that would cover me every once in a while. Except now, it was becoming much more repetitive and sometimes I wouldn't faint out of fear.

It wasn't unusual for me to succumb to the infinite void out of pure exhaustion. Though it wasn't just a lack of sleep.

Crying

Neverending doubts

Insecurities

Lives that weighed on my shoulders of all people

I'd let so many people down, so why does the strongest sorcerer out there still trust me and send me out on missions?

"You can see them, can't you?"

I turned to the mysterious voice and saw a tall, blindfolded man standing with an unusually happy smile.

Not long before the encounter, I had seen a bird-like creature with multiple heads, and its 'wings' were arms.

I had passed out surprisingly and was carried to the nurses' office at my school by a close friend of mine a few hours later. She had asked what happened because she heard a loud bang and saw me against the remains of a metal pole. I tried to explain what I had seen, but everyone thought I had a screw loose instead.

"I saw it too. You've not entirely gone off the rails." He pointed to his head whilst I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

"Have you escaped from an asylum or something?" I inquired whilst quirking my eyebrows towards the man.

He laughed at my remark and pointed at himself with a confident smile.

"I am the greatest jujutsu sorcerer, Gojo Satoru! It's a pleasure to meet someone like yourself. "

I thought he was a gentleman. Then he revealed what I had done and why I passed out amongst a metal pole.

"To put it short, you exorcised a curse without any training."

My parents had died in an 'unknown' way, and I had instead been taken in by my lonely grandfather. He taught me a technique for sword fighting that his family had been doing for generations, and I was now the only one using it.