EXTRA

╰┈➤ EXTRA CHAPTER ; NEW YEARS (WITH ROCK MUNCHER)

══════════════════

The year had been a lot. Procrastinating about exorcising curses, meeting the literal kind of curses and his vessel, finding a wife that actually acknowledges my existence.

None compared to finding a certain little critter who insisted on nibbling on rocks.

He was a weirdo to be short about it. Sometimes I couldn't help but think how I kidnapped him from his rat overlord but hey, he stayed with me so he must enjoy my company enough to not run away.

I did deny him rocks though.

He always had big puppy eyes and followed me around wherever I went just like one as well.

I gave him a small dog bed because I L O V E him, but he always slept on my bed instead like some guard dog (he's not very scary but I appreciate it.)

And now, after a while with him, here we were on the rooftop of the dorms and waiting for the fireworks to go off.

I had placed down a blanket and placed it on the tiles of the roof to sit on and a pillow to put on my lap so he would have a comfortable place to sit too.

The sky was pitch black aside from the occasional star and the moon shining in the sky.

The prominent city lights were hard to not miss even though we were quite a distance from it.

"Are you comfy rock muncher?" I asked even though I knew I wouldn't get a verbal response — in words in anyway.

" S Q U E A K"

I deadpanned. He made the squeaking sound he made whenever he wanted a rock to eat.

"No way in hell I'm giving you a rock. It's not edible or good for you." He did a huff and laid deeper into pillow, as if he was sulking.

"Drama queen" I mumbled and a sharp pain appeared on my hand.

"OUCH!" I shrieked and multiple squeaks followed like rock muncher was cackling at me.

'He's worse than Mr. Crusty-old-fingers'

I smiled fondly.

'nah... rock muncher is way cuter than that monstrosity'

"I got you a salt cube they give to guinea pigs, it looks like a rock..." I said as I fetched the small crystal like cube from my jacket.

He eagerly took it from my hands with his smaller ones and put the whole thing in his mouth.

"S T O P! YOU'LL CHOKE!" I screeched as I forcefully opened his mouth and snatched the rock from his mouth.

I sweatdropped at his now menacing glare, his puppy eyes completely gone. I let out an awkward chuckle.

"You reeeaally like rocks, huh?"

Before I could say anything, a loud explosion erupted from the sky and a burst of colour came crashing down.

The fireworks had started, and rock muncher had taken my startled state as an opportunity to steal the salt cube — he did homewever use my advice and chewed on the corners.

I giggled quietly at this and looked up admiring the fireworks.

I had put in noise cancelling ear plugs so my ear drums wouldn't cease to exist, I could hear the fireworks as clear as day though.

"The fireworks look nice" I mumbled as more and more filled up the sky until the biggest one came up, signalling it had hit 12 and it was finally the start of a new year.

"Happy New years rock muncher"

══════════════════

Happy new years! Thanks for reading and supporting this dumb book, it means a lot!

Also, here you go that one comment who wanted a one shot for rock muncher.

This can or can't be canonical depends what you want since it won't really affect the story at all.

Again, happy 2022!