"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve says in coms as I stab an agent through the chest before ripping my knife back out.
I hear Nat's motorcycle and she comes to where I am stationed just feet away from soldiers packing up to leave.
"Rogers and I are on it." Nat said.

I smiled internally. It still felt surreal being called Rogers after all these years

She jumps off the motorcycle and it skids toward a soldier. We take out soldiers through hand-to-hand combat as we are now in close contact with them.

Nat also uses her Widow bites while I focus more on my strength. One tried to wrap me in a choke hold but I throw them easily over my shoulder and slam my left foot down in his front making him groan as I heard several bones cracked.

Knowing he would stay down I went to help Nat as several soldiers were surrounding her. I kick one in the head knocking him out before spinning around and high kicking another on in the chest before punching him across the face as he staggered, making him too fall unconscious.

As Nat disarms the rest of them she jumps on one of the vehicles however, this was a mistake as Rumlow comes up behind her and grabs her collar, dragging her onto an armored vehicle. She electrocutes him but he doesn't let go of his grip as I make my way to vehicle and jump on it just as he closes Nat in.

We battle it out as I try to quickly get rid of him to get Nat out of there. I grab my knife out my belt and start to throw blows at him but it is trickier as he is more advanced in combat than the rest.

I grunt as he grabs my right wrist and presses it back, trying to break my hand. I spin around quickly and elbow him in the chest but it hardly does anything and he tries to choke me. With this I take it old school and stomp on his foot making him cry out in pain. I throw my head back to head butt him and he falls down.

However, before I can process he threw a gas grenade at me making me cough and blink. When it clears and I open my eyes he's long gone however, I see Nat is safe which is all that mattered for the moment.

"I got four, they're splitting up." Sam tells us through coms.
Natasha and I are back on bikes and we ride through the crowd, shouting for people to move as we head into the market to follow Rumlow's men.

We quickly abandon our bikes again, making our way back on foot as it was easier to get through small spaces.
Nat takes the higher ground on top of cars as I run through the cars strategically.

"We got the two on the left." Nat says for us as we run in that direction.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." Steve says through coms as Nat and I continue to follow the men.

"He doesn't have it. I'm empty." Sam yells through coms.
Nat and I don't answer back, too focused on chasing the two men through the busy crowd of people. Honestly, it angered me! Did these people wanna die?
"Out of the way!" Nat kept yelling as I follow closely behind her.

She tackles one soldier and engages him in combat. When the other soldier arrives, I hurl a basket at him to distract him and for him to target me instead. I use my combat skills to fight my guy but it soon ends up face-to-face as we all point our guns at each other. A moment passes. Then, the soldier I was fighting produces the vial.

"Drop it. Or I'll drop this. Drop it!" He yelled.
"He'll do it!" The other taunted.
All of a sudden, Redwing descends and fires at the soldier with the vial before they can even blink. In slow motion he drops, and in that moment of distraction, Nat fires at the other soldier, while I throw myself forward to catch the vial.

I breath a sigh of relief as Nat helps me up.
"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam." Nat spoke through coms.
"Don't thank me." Sam's joking voice sounded in my ear making us stare at his little robot Falcon.
"I'm... not thanking that thing." Nat said slowly making me chuckle.
"His name is Redwing." Sam replied.
"I'm still not thanking it."
"He's cute. Go ahead, pet him."

We rolled our eyes and made our way back to where Steve was and I'm pretty sure Rumlow would be there to making me push harder. Rumlow was relentless and he would want nothing more than to see Steve and I dead.

Not today.

I arrive just in time to see Rumlow activating a bomb attached to his vest. I see Steve visibly flinch as Rumlow's armor ignites. I get ready to throw myself in to save Steve but Wanda keeps the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony. She lifts him into the air wanting to his far away from us however, she loses control and the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building.

I gasp at what I just saw.
I whip my head over to Wanda who is still processing what happened. Her emotions quickly change and she is horrified and scarred by it.

I go up to her and wrap my arm around her shoulder, bringing her into my chest. She latches onto my shirt.
"Shh. It wasn't your fault Wan. Don't look."

I look up to Steve who is shocked too.
"Sam . . . We need . . . Fire and Rescue . . . on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there." Steve asked.

I looked over to Nat and she nodded going to help along with the two boys. I knew my priorities and took Wanda out the situation and back to the jet. I sat her down and she stayed silent as tears cascaded down her face. I let her cry it out and stay in front of her brushing away her tears as I hugged her, whispering comforting things in her ear.

We all made mistakes. This may have been Wanda's first but it definitely won't be her last. Take it from me.