02.

"She had the type of walk that made an atheist say 'God Damn"

-

Adelaide-

Adelaide
-

"Oh, how lovely it is to see you again darling!"

Cassandra brought her soft hands up to my face and lovingly caressed my cheeks. Her eyes sparkled with happiness and I felt my heart tug at the expression on her face. I grabbed her hands and held them against my skin, smiling just as brightly.

"Cass, it's only been three months not three years." I reminded the old woman, to which she rolled her grey eyes and released her hold on me, waving a dismissive hand in front of her face. "You know old people; time feels longer for us." a low chuckle pushed past my lips and she dragged me into the dining area where both Val and her mom sat, awaiting dinner to be served.

The sound of our footsteps caused the two ladies to look at us and my friend patted the seat next to her. With one last squeeze from Cassandra, she let go of my hand and I sat next to Val.

"Cassie is still so smitten over you dear, she treats you as if you were her own." The silence in the room was cut short when Azelia spoke up. I smiled softly at her in agreement. I was about to reply to her statement when two members of staff walked into the room, hands filled with different dishes which instantly made my stomach grumble and my mouth water.

"Our menu tonight is as you requested, Mrs. Strocelli." one said, delicately placing each item onto the expensive tablecloth. I wracked my brain, attempting to remember the man's name, but it completely slipped my mind.

"For your starter, we have Beef Carpaccio with a side of Bruschetta. I have paired it with a delicate red wine." he raised his middle and index fingers and motioned for a barrel of ice to be brought over, with a single bottle of—no doubt, expensive wine placed strategically inside.

The woman looked pleased and gave a polite smile to the server. "Thank you, Michael. Tell Cassandra as well as the rest of the kitchen staff to take an early night off. I'll serve the rest of the dishes."

Michael. That was his name.

"Are you sure Madam?" Michael asked, straining his happiness. Azelia nodded encouragingly and he gave her an appreciative smile and with one last thank you, he walked away.

I stared at the food in front of me. The portion was small, but the smell radiating from the dish was nothing short of magnificent. My thoughts were interrupted by a light tap on my knee.

"Definitely ordering pizza later." Val whispered, staring at the dish with distaste. I stifled my laugh by biting my lip. We chatted for a few more seconds before the sound of heavy footsteps were heard and our conversation died down.