v. Friends

( stranger things, season one )
the weirdo on maple street

( stranger things, season one )the weirdo on maple street

˗ˏˋ chapter five: friends ˎˊ˗

Since w—we're friends and a—all.

I can't stop this feeling!

Deep inside of me

Girl, you just don't realize

What you do to me!

          The following morning, Eva took an extra eggo from the toaster and crammed it into her pocket, trying not to break it in her pocket. She sat down beside Mike and Nancy as she ate her eggos while Mike was practically inhaling his. Nancy turned he nose up at him, "slow down, Mike ... that's disgusting."

"Do a lot of studying last night?" Mike resorted, a tone of sarcasm in his voice through a mouthful of breakfast.

"Yeah, actually, I did," Nancy replied, moving her fork around her plate looking back down.

"What was your test on again? Human anatomy?" Mike asked sarcastically. Eva's faced was crossed with confusion as the two siblings then kicked each-other from underneath the table. Nancy glared at Mike.

          "Hey! What's going on?" Their mom interrupted. Nancy and Mike quickly denied anything which seemed suspicious in itself but Eva decided not to question it. Too many strange things were going on right now for her to worry about that.

          Once Eva had eaten her breakfast, she pushed her chair away from the table with a loud scrape, walking towards the basement where El was currently, probably not asleep anymore. She closed the door behind her softly before walking down and pulling up the sheet which hid her.

          El was sat down and holding Mike's supercom. She looked a little tired still, as if she woke up early or something. She still wore the vacant expression she always had and looked at Eva.

          "H—Hi, El. I b—brought you breakfast, I th—thought you might b—be hungry," Eva said, kneeling down and going into her pocked to take out the eggo she took, surprisingly without any breaks in her pocket. She looked at El and held it towards her. Eva smiled. The corners of El's mouth twitched a little as she took the eggo from Eva.

"Okay, th—this sounds weird b—but I need you t—to go knock my fr—front door and tell my m—mom you're lost and n—need help," Eva began to explain just as Mike told last night. El looked at Eva and blinked as she started to understand what Eva was getting at, "b—but you c—can't tell her that y—y—you know us, at all. My mom c—can get you some h—help home."