Chapter Eight Part One

Dekka

"Come on," Grayson begs. "It will be fun!"

"It will be cold,"

"This is probably our last chance to go swimming until spring," he argues. "You don't even have to get in the water. Just come with everyone else so you won't be here alone." The group's conversation for the last five minutes has been Grayson trying to convince Asa and I to go to lake Furres with him. He'd already sucked Amity and Griffin into going with the promise of having interesting things to photograph, a hobby they share.

I love going to the lake, especially lake Furres (I've swam and played there with my family since before I can remember), but I hate the cold. Which is weird, because we live where it snows half the year. Today is the first particularly chilly day of the season, and I am not about to spend hours outside in it. I would much rather sit by the fireplace with Iggy by my side, sipping hot chocolate, watching a movie.

"Please Dek," Grayson says softly, adopting the nickname Asa gave me. I can't help but smile at hearing my name come from his lips.

"Make me, Grace," I tease, know he hates being called that. A light flicks on behind his eyes, a smirk plays across his mouth.

"Okay," he says simply. Grayson turns his back on me, picking me up piggyback style. At this point I can either fall or accept the fact that I never really had a choice in whether I go with him or not. Truth be told, piggyback rides are my weakness because I am mentally a five year old. I squeal with delight and grasp Grayson's shoulders as he charges to the car. What can I say? Grayson has that affect on me.