C o u n t d o w n 🕕

Start from the beginning

I took the pill bottle off my nightstand and dumped two tablets in my hand before popping them in my mouth and drinking water. Ever since I got shot my nerves been shaken up. I don't feel pain anymore but I do tense to loud noises. The night I killed Laura didn't help. I was fucked up that whole night and the day after that.

"You aight?" Demarcus asked standing in the doorway.

"Yea I'm fine."

Jay didn't want me to take the medicine originally and neither did Demarcus. They were afraid that I would become addicted again. But I believe Im different now.

He walked over to me and felt my head and neck.

"You should take a spa day."

"Why?"

"You haven't relaxed since the day you got shot. You've been so tense and on your feet you need a day to yourself." He grabbed my waist and walked me out the room.

"Man nah ion need no spa day i'm fine."

He ignored me and lead me to the car.

"I'm hungry." I said as he buckled my seat belt.

"We'll get food before we get there."

"I forgot my wallet."

"Fuck yo wallet."

I rolled my eyes. He be doin the most.

———

"Aight you good." Demarcus asked as I sat in the spa chair with a hot towel over my eyes.

"Yes I'm fine."

"Aight imma split I got business to handle." He kissed my cheek and walked out. "Call me when you bout done." He said before leaving.

I laid my head back on the massage chair and took a deep breathe. This was so nice.

———

"Jay come on I'm being fr!" I said taking the bag from him. He kept trying to put them over my head.

"Alright last couple things on your list are.. hand sanitizer and a diffuser?" Aaliyah read.

"Yep." I nodded. "I don't want nobody touchin my baby without sanitized hands and body."

Aaliyah and Jay nodded. We got the items, paid for them, and made our way back to the car. Once we got in Aaliyah already started to make the overnight bag.

"We'll get her clothes from the house and put them in here." She said throwing the empty bags at Jay.

"What I'm supposed to do wit dis?" He said holdin them.

"I don't know that's why I gave em to you." Jay got out the car and threw them away in the cars age in front of the store before getting back in and pulling off.

We made it back to the house and Aaliyah put the baby's clothes in the overnight bag and sat it on our chair in our room.