The Siren Part 2

A/n: The moment you've all been waiting for has ARRIVED!!! Thats correct, I've re-written (finally). Part 2 out of *hopefully* 3!

I hope you lovelies enjoy! <3 and stay safe!!!
____

The ship swayed with the waves, relaxing and calm. You stood at the captain's wheel with daydreams flooding your mind instead of actually paying attention. 

You watched as your crewmates shuffled around the deck, cleaning and whatnot. Someone in particular had your not-really-paying-attention attention. They wore mostly black and had a much faster pace than the rest. 

S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters was nice. Quiet, calm, nothing really happening. Nick Fury came forward to speak with you but it all went in one ear and out the other. He was saying something, his mouth was moving but you couldn't bring yourself to care. 

He handed you a file with force and stomped off like usual. Lazily, with the most disinterest possible, you opened it and flipped through the case. 

"Hey, I know you." You giggled and pointed to the Tesseract. Your joy was short lived as someone else took the light yellow folder from you. 

The same person from before! The one who was on the ship earlier! 

Wait. 

You turned around with a sudden surge of clarity. When the blurred stranger looked up, your breath caught in your throat. You couldn't place it but they were familiar, too familiar. Yet, they didn't belong. Not in this moment. 

This was your memory! This was when Director Fury gave you the mission. But this person didn't belong. You met them later, not now. Plus, you were enthusiastic when you received the job, not drained! 

You woke with a start, panting lightly and sweaty. Gross. 

It became even worse as you remembered you were in sand. A giant beach of sand. When you lifted your hand, sand clung to it like a leech. You tried shaking it off and some did fly off but it was mostly futile. 

You sat up and sighed. You wanted to wipe your face off but your dirty hands wouldn't help. A large splash from your left caught your attention. 

Your new mermaid friend - if you could even call him that - was throwing a fit. Loki was flipping through the water, punching the sand and ocean for only what you could assume: you woke up before he could get the information he needed. 

"Stay out of my head, fishface!" You threw a nearby stick at him, hitting him right between the eyes. 

He stopped and glared at you. His snarl made sure you saw all his sharp teeth. 

"Cut it out, Lackey!" You mocked. "You're not getting the Tesseract!" You… just confirmed you did have information about his beloved cube. Yikes. 

Loki went ballistic. He started thrashing around and pointing angrily at you, probably cussing you out in fish.

"Yeah, fine, I know what the cube is but that's it! That's all you're getting from me!" You couldn't do much so you opted with aggressively crossing your arms. 

He stopped freaking out and settled down below the water. His webbed ears and sharp eyes poked through the surface, judging you. You glared back. 

A painfully tense silence filled the cave as you had a staring contest with the merman. 

Until your stomach ruined it. 

You groaned and squeezed your eyes shut as the reality of not eating for who knows how long kicked in. You laid back down, instinctively curling into your side. As far as your broken ribs and foot would let you, anyways.