177A Bleecker Street

A/n: this one isn't much, ngl. But uh, enjoy ig? Pls feel free to leave any suggestions to write about! I know I have hayloft and those other shorter stories to post but idk, yall deserve better than those!

But basically, you're the apprentice, or student or whatever they're called, of Dr. Strange and a threatening being has returned to earth! But he's kind of cute?

Okay, have fun! <3
______

You couldn't exactly say your life wasn't fun, but there were plenty of days that made you feel like it really was dull. Most would assume studying from the Supreme Sorcerer himself would be magical and extensive - and at times, it was! But others... you mostly just had to help him with chores. 

Whatever his cape's name is, you had zero clue but it liked to follow you around everywhere. There have been some- okay, many times you thought someone broke into the building but it was just Cloaky. As aggravating as it could be, it was always a joy to see Dr. Strange get jealous that a magic piece of fabric liked you more. 

Back to the main point - you were having a bad day. Again, not necessarily 'bad' but a very un-enthusiastic day. The magic cloak had curled itself around you in a snug way as you reread a book you have been known to recite in your sleep. Not because the book was interesting, it contained many ancient spells that each 'chosen one' had to master before they could inherit the time stone. Or at least that's what you can remember. 

Stephen made you read the book chapter by chapter the day you got here. It's been four years and you still struggle to understand what the third chapter is talking about. The only advice he could give you was 'read until it clicks,' like that was supposed to help. 

Your weary eyes caught red motion and shifted away from the heavy, old book. Cloaky had disappeared into the forest of literature before swiftly returning, throwing a certain other book at you. 

"Oof- what the-" You whined a little as the dusty, weighted leather bound pages slammed into your gut. Delicately, you held it and noticed how it glowed. Bright orange? Dr. Strange probably wants to see this. 

You got up with a grunt of effort, the book being more heavy than you originally thought and ran down the hall. You quickly flew down the stairway until you didn't... 

Gods, his apartment complex or whatever this was certainly proved confusing. You ended up at the top of the stairs once more. And once again, you ran down them. 

Somehow, you ended up in the upside-down room.  You quickly twisted back, leaving the headache inducing room as fast as possible. With a sigh, you called out for your mentor. 

"DR. STRANGE, I HAVE SOMETHING YOU MIGHT-" The room merged with another, becoming neither and ended up at the entrance. Or exit. Four years and you still had more knowledge about a toad's wart than this insane house. 

"What is it that I might have an interest in?" Dr. Strange appeared from behind, a small piece of parchment in his hand. You glanced between him and the glowing book before handing it to the doctor.

"That started glowing," You weren't exactly sure how that helped but he understood and flipped through the pages. 

His whole body went stiff as he landed on a particularly shiny page, the aura being green instead of orange. His hands tensed around the book, a scowl grew upon his usually relaxed features. With a small peak over his shoulder, you read a four letter word that absolutely meant chaos: 

Loki. 

... 

"This is my student, Y/n." Stephen nodded you over. With a wide smile, you greeted the much less dangerous god, Thor. He bobbed his head in response, clearly captivated by how Strange's house had everything but normal furniture. "She'll take care of your umbrella for you."