Heavy Rain

the rain fell on the ground harshly. Nixie had gone to meet Evie leave Rumeenah alone once again. 

The rain hit the porch and Rumeenah watched it fall from the window. She opened the door and stepped in the rain. 

She looked up in the clouds dark and dense. Lightning struck The ground in the yard. In the forest the clouds looked purple. 

A curse was being made.

 Rumeenah closed her eyes and her dagger appeared in her hand. She raised her head up and lifted the dagger. 

The rain grew heavier then suddenly stopped around her.  Rumeenah's hair lifted from her shoulders. She opened her eyes. The the drops of rain stopped in the air floating everywhere. Her hair floating with it. 

Rumeenah twisted her hand and it moved how she did. She waved her hand making the dagger disappear, as she did that the rain began to pour again. 

'so I can stop rain completely on my own but to control it I need the dagger' 

'But the dagger controls you' a voice sang in her head mocking her. 

"And I, it." Rumeenah said aloud. She paused. "why am I talking to myself?" She asked walking inside. 

A giggle rang in her head.

*******************************************************

Nixie came home. "How was your little trip, dearie?"

"It was ...nice." Nixie said putting n her things down.

"Why did you pause?" Rumeenah asked skeptical. 

"Do we have any plans for the weekend?" Nixie asked smiling awkwardly. 

Rumeenah put down her book. "You didn't." 

"I did." Nixie said walking to Rumeenah who tried walking out of the room. 

"Come on! It can't be that bad!" Nixie said.

"You don't know! You didn't live with them for most your life." Rumeenah said flabbergasted.

"It is a small get together on Saturday." 

"its a foolish party for people who think their better than they are." Rumeenah brushed her hair back with her fingers. "I don't need them." 

Nixie stopped for a moment. "do you not need me?" She asked. 

"that's not what I meant." Rumeenah said. "Nixie, I want you in my life." 

Nixie looked down and spotted something on Rumeenah's hand. "what is that?" She asked. 

Rumeenah looked down. Her golden grey skin had spread to her hand. 

"i- I can explain." Rumeenah said. 

"you lied to me?" Nixie began to cry. 

"I. I." She stuttered. "I can fix this." 

"what else have you lied about?" Nixie yelled. 

Tears began to roll down Rumeenah's cheeks as the voices in her head grew louder. 

"please stop." Rumeenah whimpered holding her head. 

"DID YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME?!?" Nixie yelled.

"STOP!" Rumeenah yelled sobbing. 

Suddenly Nixie did just that. Rumeenah opened her eyes. Nixie stood there frozen. 

'stop that you look weak' 'is the evil villain going to cry?'

Rumeenah banged on her head but it did nothing. She took a deep breath. Lets try again. Make her forget it. It will have never happened. 

Rumeenah wiped her tears. She waved her hand and she made her skin look 'human'.  She closed her eyes. 

Nixie came home. "How was your little trip, dearie?"

"It was ...nice." Nixie said putting n her things down.

"Why did you pause?" Rumeenah asked skeptical.

"Do we have any plans for the weekend?" Nixie asked smiling awkwardly.

"Not a one, why?" Rumeenah asked smiling.

"well as a celebration for finding a way home they are throwing a little party and they want you to come too." Nixie said.

Rumeenah sighed. 'A way home, huh'

"if you want me to I'll come along." Rumeenah smiled.

'That was easy'